Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford Maverick Car Stuff Podcast Screenshot_20220204-184847_Podcast Player

If anyone is interested, the Car Stuff podcast released today had Trevor Scott from Ford on to talk about the Maverick. It starts right before the 18 minute mark and is about 15 minutes long.

He basically went over the surprised demand of the Maverick and about them closing out the orders when they did because that's what they estimated would be the cut off of what they could build for this model year. Good listen, but if not interested, below are a few of the key points.

* He said that the CAD files for the FITS system will be released in a couple weeks so people can start making their own

* When asked about when the MY23 orders would open. He said later this summer. He said he could not give a specific date, so maybe August isn't confirmed?

* When asked about what upcoming features would be in MY23, he said he couldn't disclose, but there would be some exciting features for MY23. AWD Hybrid maybe?

* He said there would still be some dealer stock coming in even though orders are closed.

He didn't address the chip shortage or anything about constraints. Good listen and only bout 15 minutes.
Sponsored