spuds_mackenzie

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hot pepper red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The way power is put down can be strange. I know on paper the Maverick is faster 0-60 than my 18 civic hatch was, but my butt dyno says otherwise. I guess the CVT in the Civic made it FEEL faster because it was always in the power band.
Sponsored

Jimmy P

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You are right! Tighter spread now :)

MT got 7s
Mr. Boom got 6.56
CD got 5.9s
Given MT's decision on the Rivian, their credibility has taken a hit. So, their test results for the EB are questionable. Mr. Boom and CD are most likely much more accurate. Not sure MT remembers how to drive. Seems like they want to press an electric button like George Jetson did to get somewhere.

Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 370Z, Honda Civic, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Given MT's decision on the Rivian, their credibility has taken a hit. So, their test results for the EB are questionable. Mr. Boom and CD are most likely much more accurate. Not sure MT remembers how to drive. Seems like they want to press an electric button like George Jetson did to get somewhere.
I still take issue with MT complaining about towing 3,000lbs. On the 4k tow package and saying that it somehow felt unstable even though you look at guys like the truck king on YouTube hauling a 3800lb. Travel trailer with no issue and praising its stability, and in snow no less

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That and TLF truck got 7s 0-60. I don't know what TFL location is exactly, but Colorado has an average 7kish feet above sea level, which would be a decent hit on power output. Something sketchy about MT 2.0 numbers for sure. Their Hybrid numbers are consistent with what other reviewers saw though.

Sponsored

OP
OP

houselog442

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
That and TLF truck got 7s 0-60. I don't know what TFL location is exactly, but Colorado has an average 7kish feet above sea level, which would be a decent hit on power output. Something sketchy about MT 2.0 numbers for sure. Their Hybrid numbers are consistent with what other reviewers saw though.
They are based out of Boulder. TFL tested a bunch of new trucks, all turbocharged except for the new Frontier and they all had times about half a second from each other. The Frontier had a crappy time well over 9 seconds. Gas engines are greatly affected by elevation. Especially N.A. Engines, but turbos can get hit too. But electrified does not.

1stNewFordTruck

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 1500, 2012 Dodge Journey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's really fast! My 2002 Infiniti Q45 posted that exact same time when tested by car magazines, and was considered a super sedan for it in it's day.

OP
OP

houselog442

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
well one thing to consider is that Rivian gave Motortrend exclusive driving rights over the summer (there were some really pissed auto journalists About that). So there might be some conflict of interest. Still look at the other winners Motortrend gave out this year. They gave car of the year to Lucid, which is an $80k - $170k electric super car that almost nobody will buy.

Zepper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman S, Maverick XLT (Alto Blue), Altrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
well one thing to consider is that Rivian gave Motortrend exclusive driving rights over the summer (there were some really pissed auto journalists About that). So there might be some conflict of interest. Still look at the other winners Motortrend gave out this year. They gave car of the year to Lucid, which is an $80k - $170k electric super car that almost nobody will buy.
I don't know about that every single one that they [Lucid] have capacity to build has been bought. 🤔

Sponsored

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lol, I can’t wait to read these comments between the overly defensive Hybrid and Ecoboost owners.
As posted on another thread. I'm looking forward to being a cousin owner to the impressive Ecoboost Maverick if my cool little XL hybrid ever gets scheduled. We're all in this together brothers (& sisters).

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Awesome - when I was a kid I always wanted one of these....

ferrari-308-gtsi.jpg

Now I have something that is faster 0-60....and it's a truck...and gets good gas mileage :)
There was a Miami Vice marathon over Thanksgiving and I watched it. I remember wanting that Testarossa when I was in my teens. It cost $330K in 1986 dollars. And which also produced 50 fewer horsepower than my 2015 Mustang GT (385 versus 435) and which is slower in the zero to 60 (5.2 seconds versus 4.4).

Oh yeah, did I mention that the Mustang is $50K in 2015 dollars?

It is crazy how much technology advances, isn't it?

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In this day and age I'd rather have 40 mpg than fast 0-60 time's. If I wanted fast 0-60 time's I would have bought the tesla.
I used to say it just has to keep up with traffic but everyone is driving so much faster these days I think i will get run over if I don't have a Tesla

M Spec

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Toyo LC, 1988 911, 2005 STI, 2010 STI, 3 More
"Given MT's decision on the Rivian, their credibility has taken a hit." Please provide the "credibility" numbers and source. Facts vs opinions
"So, their test results for the EB are questionable." Are you using the previous "credibility" sentence to support this statement? If so, see above.
"Mr. Boom and CD are most likely much more accurate." By what empirical data is this supported?
Sponsored