First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Cruz, Ford Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My truck, that I ordered in September 2021, arrived at my dealer Thursday, September 22. I tried to pay for it and take delivery the 23rd but because of the side curtain airbag recall the dealer could not sell it to me. It’s still mine but the airbags have to changed out before I can get it. So it is sitting in my dealers back lot until the parts come in and Ford says that will be in the first quarter of 2023. I have written letters to Ford and called the NHTSA and filed a complaint because 4-6 months waiting on parts is not a “reasonable time”. I suggest everyone that has the same problem call and complain to Ford and call the NHTSA at 888-327-4236 to file a complaint. This is ridiculous to have my truck sit for that long and Ford not furnish parts to fix it. Again…this is only for trucks arriving at dealers that can not be delivered to the buyers due to the side curtain airbag recall 22V594.
Sponsored

uga

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
WOW, That Sucks !

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just got notification last week that Ford now has replacement air bags available for my Ranger for a 2019 recall. o_O

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hard to believe there are still trucks arriving at dealers that are impacted by this recall. Trucks had to be built in July or earlier to be impacted.

Sponsored

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Though it's a good suggestion, supply chain shortages from a "vendors" unfortunately can not and will not change through writing complaint letters to Ford or NHTSA. Ford will document it, NHTSA will file it.

OP
OP
JackZ

JackZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don’t think complaining will help. There’s shortages in every industry. They can’t get what’s not avail.
But they are available. The new ones are put in the Mavericks they’re building everyday.

OP
OP
JackZ

JackZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Though it's a good suggestion, supply chain shortages from a "vendors" unfortunately can not and will not change through writing complaint letters to Ford or NHTSA. Ford will document it, NHTSA will file it.
If Ford can put the new ones in trucks they’re building now then they have the new airbags available. Ford just did not anticipate trucks being delivered that fell in the recall dates. It took 11 weeks for my truck to get to my dealership.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Guidance from Ford says to expect availability of the replacement airbags to start next year.

Regardless, when your dealer put in the order for the parts for your vehicle, what ETA were they given? They may well get them sooner if they've got the order in; they should be able to tell you if they're backordered, etc. Don't wait around until Ford announces the parts are available; push the dealer to get them ASAP.

StillWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m supposed to get delivered this week. Now a possible recall and a hurricane may stop this? ARGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH
ordered 9/09/21

Sponsored

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
But they are available. The new ones are put in the Mavericks they’re building everyday.
Yes but your vehicle has been shipped and is no longer a priority to Ford.

OP
OP
JackZ

JackZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Guidance from Ford says to expect availability of the replacement airbags to start next year.

Regardless, when your dealer put in the order for the parts for your vehicle, what ETA were they given? They may well get them sooner if they've got the order in; they should be able to tell you if they're backordered, etc. Don't wait around until Ford announces the parts are available; push the dealer to get them ASAP.
They are not able to order them yet. The new ones are not in the system right now.

Aman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Asif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My truck, that I ordered in September 2021, arrived at my dealer Thursday, September 22. I tried to pay for it and take delivery the 23rd but because of the side curtain airbag recall the dealer could not sell it to me. It’s still mine but the airbags have to changed out before I can get it. So it is sitting in my dealers back lot until the parts come in and Ford says that will be in the first quarter of 2023. I have written letters to Ford and called the NHTSA and filed a complaint because 4-6 months waiting on parts is not a “reasonable time”. I suggest everyone that has the same problem call and complain to Ford and call the NHTSA at 888-327-4236 to file a complaint. This is ridiculous to have my truck sit for that long and Ford not furnish parts to fix it. Again…this is only for trucks arriving at dealers that can not be delivered to the buyers due to the side curtain airbag recall 22V594.
When was your truck built and when did it go in production
Sponsored