First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Rio
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nov 5 of 2021 we ordered a Mav XLT and put $5000 down. We're paying rest on delivery - cash. Never heard a word for a month until we learned we're supposed to get a confirmation from a chat room. Called the dealer and the dealership said we're confirmed. Logged into Ford and Ford says we didn't order anything. Sales rep and service says we did but just don't have a build date. Outside the dealership Ford doesn't even know us. We really want the truck, not a legal battle and don't want our dealership as enemies. We're going back there again tomorrow. Got receipts and all the emails. Just not sure we're actually in queue for a truck at all. Suggestions?
Sponsored

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford should have emailed YOU a confirmation with an order number. That's what you need to prove they actually placed an order on your behalf. If you don't have that I would be asking for my money back and finding a new dealer to deal with

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The dealership should also be able to print you a copy of DORA. That’s a document that reflects the details of the order and prices.

If they can’t or won’t provide it I would suggest you walk and find a better dealer in Aug and order the MY23.

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

@Tim Payne Your dealership may not have added your email address to the order when it was placed which may be why no confirmation was received. Many people did not get any emails due to this, so unfortunately, it is common. I would ask your dealership for a screenshot of the Vehicle Visibility Report. This would show that they did the necessary steps to place your order correctly.

Around 21:00 in, he shares some info that could help.

Last edited:

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford should have sent an email confirming your order. I do not recall that it included an order number. Even if you got it you need to ensure your order was entered properly. Ask for a DORA and ROVP. Dealer should certainly know what these are.

OP
OP

Tim Payne

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Rio
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nov 5 of 2021 we ordered a Mav XLT and put $5000 down. We're paying rest on delivery - cash. Never heard a word for a month until we learned we're supposed to get a confirmation from a chat room. Called the dealer and the dealership said we're confirmed. Logged into Ford and Ford says we didn't order anything. Sales rep and service says we did but just don't have a build date. Outside the dealership Ford doesn't even know us. We really want the truck, not a legal battle and don't want our dealership as enemies. We're going back there again tomorrow. Got receipts and all the emails. Just not sure we're actually in queue for a truck at all. Suggestions?
Finally found out the local dealer had a different setup so we somehow missed the email. That said, our order is listed as "unscheduled - clean", and apparently "clean" means all the parts are available
Sponsored