First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm cancelling my order. Bought another truck.

Why? Why now? Reviews are out! Because "time kills deals".

My order would be cancelled already but my dealer is dragging their feet. Ford salesguy sent a nice "don't give up" email. Offered to swap in for the 1st EB they get on the lot ... when they get it. Ordered early July. It's October now. Ford's lack of communication and waiting killed the deal.

A Chevy dealer had a lightly used diesel Colorado sitting on their lot 1hr away. Drove by a few weeks ago during a road trip and did a pit stop. Needed to think about it vs my Maverick order. Friendly Chevy salesguy txted me a few days later. Offered something unbelievable: he had the truck driven over to us to keep overnight. <-- You read that right! their shuttle kids drove the truck for 1hr to our place and left it till the next day! Talk about customer service. My partner and I drove it for hours and the diesel got >30MPG on country roads we drive. 7,600lbs tow rating in a small package.

Ford? disappointed me. I drove by the dealer's lot yesterday while running errands and BAM -- saw a black XL parked in their lot! Where was the promised call from my Ford salesman? He'd said he'd call when their 1st Maverick rolled in so I could take a look in-person. No call, no txt, no email since the "don't give up". (n)

BTW: Used trucks weren't all overpriced. Used truck list prices were dropping by $1k / wk towards the end of Q3. I'd predicted a price floor happening. The Experts said all prices were going up but tracking prices of used trucks in Q3 showed otherwise. Now in Q4 prices are going back up again but there was a blip in Q3. The 2 dozen lightly used trucks I was watching are sold so the Experts are right about tight inventory.

I got the '17 Z71 4x4 Colorado diesel w/ 35k miles for same price if I were to get EB+AWD+4k+Lux Lariat Maverick. No haggle dealer; it was list price or I walk. Price was right.

Walking around the Maverick it's clear that it's smaller than the Colorado but not by much. Maybe down the road I'll still get the Maverick, so I'll keep reading everyone's posts here! :cool:
Sponsored

Last edited:

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good luck with your Colorado, Sir!

Be safe.

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette

My order would be cancelled already but my dealer is dragging their feet. Ford salesguy sent a nice "don't give up" email. Offered to swap in for the 1st EB they get on the lot ... when they get it. Ordered early July. It's October now. Ford's lack of communication and waiting killed the deal.

A Chevy dealer had a lightly used diesel Colorado sitting on their lot 1hr away. Drove by a few weeks ago during a road trip and did a pit stop. Needed to think about it vs my Maverick order. Friendly Chevy salesguy txted me a few days later. Offered something unbelievable: he had the truck driven over to us to keep overnight. <-- You read that right! their shuttle kids drove the truck for 1hr to our place and left it till the next day! Talk about customer service. My partner and I drove it for hours and the diesel got >30MPG on country roads we drive. 7,600lbs tow rating in a small package.

Ford? disappointed me. I drove by the dealer's lot yesterday while running errands and BAM -- saw a black XL parked in their lot! Where was the promised call from my Ford salesman? He'd said he'd call when their 1st Maverick rolled in so I could take a look in-person. No call, no txt, no email since the "don't give up". (n)

BTW: Used trucks weren't all overpriced. Used truck list prices were dropping by $1k / wk towards the end of Q3. I'd predicted a price floor happening. The Experts said all prices were going up but tracking prices of used trucks in Q3 showed otherwise. Now in Q4 prices are going back up again but there was a blip in Q3. The 2 dozen lightly used trucks I was watching are sold so the Experts are right about tight inventory.

I got the '17 Z71 4x4 Colorado diesel w/ 35k miles for same price if I were to get EB+AWD+4k+Lux Maverick. No haggle dealer; it was list price or I walk. Price was right.

Walking around the Maverick it's clear that it's smaller than the Colorado but not by much. Maybe down the road I'll still get the Maverick, so I'll keep reading everyone's posts here! :cool:
Pfft.
Obviously, the REAL reason you cancelled was because Ford neglected to provide the "Improbability Drive" option.
Understandable move.

:LOL:

ledger9427

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corolla, 2022 Maverick XLT EB
They likely won't cancel your order, they'll just refund you your deposit (unless non-refundable) and then just sell it as a stock unit. No harm on you and I'm sure the dealer won't mind.

Glad you found something you like, I hope its good to you.

Sucks that the crappy way we sell vehicles here is part of the reason you're leaving. The whole dealership model will have to change in the future.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided

I got the '17 Z71 4x4 Colorado diesel w/ 35k miles for same price if I were to get EB+AWD+4k+Lux Maverick. No haggle dealer; it was list price or I walk. Price was right.

I’ve been watching a 18 Tacoma V6 47,600 miles crew cab 2WD for $28500 the 19 in the city might bug me….if my Lariat Hybrid doesn’t get schedule soon, I might be buying it before anything else breaks or falls off my chevy

Sponsored

villageidiot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many many in the past, none currently
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How does time kill a deal when we all knew none of these would even roll off a line til September?

you didn’t order, you, like all of us, pre ordered. Ford talked “fall delivery” and we are legitimately 14 days into fall, and low and behold, people are getting their trucks.

you seem like the “I want it now daddy” kid from Willy wonka.

hope you’re happy with the colorado, my colorado was lemon law bought back in 2020, what a nightmare electronically.

OP
OP
vap0rtranz

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve been watching a 18 Tacoma V6 47,600 miles crew cab 2WD for $28500 the 19 in the city might bug me
Have you seen price changes on it? It looked like used truck prices started going up again...

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
OP
OP
vap0rtranz

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How does time kill a deal when we all knew none of these would even roll off a line til September?

you didn’t order, you, like all of us, pre ordered. Ford talked “fall delivery” and we are legitimately 14 days into fall, and low and behold, people are getting their trucks.

hope you’re happy with the colorado, my colorado was lemon law bought back in 2020, what a nightmare electronically.
You must be new here. I've been an advocate of the Mav since it was announced, especially about the hybrid when FUD started happening around it.

I gave specific examples of how my dealer's communication & Ford's communication is severely lacking. I'm not the only one who has said the core problem is communication and (some) dealers.

Go about your day attacking others anonymously online but that scores you no points with me.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have you seen price changes on it? It looked like used truck prices started going up again...
They are definitely swinging back up - offers for my 2019 ranger had been hovering around $33,500 - in the last 2 weeks vroom went up to $36,600. That offer expired but then Carmax came in at $37,400! This is more than 10% higher than I paid for it in December 2019. I'll be heading there tonight (picking my Maverick up this weekend!). If Carmax balks I have a KBB instant cash offer at $34,900 and a local chain dealer offer at $35,500 - all of which are the highest values I've seen since I ordered my Maverick and started checking late June

Sponsored
OP
OP
vap0rtranz

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They are definitely swinging back up - offers for my 2019 ranger had been hovering around $33,500 - in the last 2 weeks vroom went up to $36,600. That offer expired but then Carmax came in at $37,400! This is more than 10% higher than I paid for it in December 2019. I'll be heading there tonight (picking my Maverick up this weekend!). If Carmax balks I have a KBB instant cash offer at $34,900 and a local chain dealer offer at $35,500 - all of which are the highest values I've seen since I ordered my Maverick and started checking late June
Wow, yea so place bets on trade-in cash offers still going up.

I'll re-run my expired Carmax & Vroom offers on a Jeep Wrangler. Carmax was the lowest but that was months ago and things change.

Congrats on getting your Maverick! What was your build?

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My only issue is the Colorado.....those are notorious for unreliability......hopefully the diesel treats you well. I said all along if Ford would have only put the diesel in the Ranger I would have scooped it up quick fast and in a hurry.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not a Chevy guy, but looked into the diesel Colorado a while back, was just a little more truck than I need and price (new) too much for me. Enjoy it!

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow, yea so place bets on trade-in cash offers still going up.

I'll re-run my expired Carmax & Vroom offers on a Jeep Wrangler. Carmax was the lowest but that was months ago and things change.

Congrats on getting your Maverick! What was your build?
I made that hedge myself! I saw my offers go down in August, at that point I figured I'll just hold it, that at worst I would still end up trading it in for what I paid for it (which 2 almost 2 years after a new vehicle purchase is insane...but I got a really good deal on the front end). I suspected back then that after an initial flood of people trading/selling their cars because of the high values, that the pool of those cars would run dry and used values would again go up - I'm not always right with these things but I was lucky this time!

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Because we have an impatient consumerist culture, wanting everything RIGHT NOW. Which is the major flaw in the automakers' new plans to do more build to order sales.
Sponsored