Sponsored

Canadian owners with luxury package... Important cold weather questions!

stayphazed

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 VW Touareg
As it starts to get colder up here, I'm curious if the trucks equipped with the XLT or Lariat luxury packages will automatically turn on heated seats and steering wheel with the remote start? I used to have a 2015 Ram sport that did this, and it was a tiny but most appreciated detail in the morning. Much appreciated!
Sponsored

Transpression

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
As it starts to get colder up here, I'm curious if the trucks equipped with the XLT or Lariat luxury packages will automatically turn on heated seats and steering wheel with the remote start? I used to have a 2015 Ram sport that did this, and it was a tiny but most appreciated detail in the morning. Much appreciated!
I'll let you know in 2 weeks when mine arrives!

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now THAT is a fine question. Fine indeed!

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Iā€™m fairly certain it does according to the owners manual (stickied on this forum).

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Iā€™m fairly certain it does according to the owners manual (stickied on this forum).
Yes I think it just kicks in HVAC controls to the last setting it was on-

Sponsored

OP
OP

stayphazed

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 VW Touareg
Yes I think it just kicks in HVAC controls to the last setting it was on-

That's my worry, because the heated steering wheel and seats may not be on in the afternoon when you get home from work, but may then be required to be turned on in the morning. If this was automatically set via the vehicle reading the outdoor air temperature like my old Ram did, that would just be so nice... haha

Edit to say - Read through the owners manual and found a little note that says these things *might* automatically turn on. That's cool.

I am unreasonably excited about the return of the mini truck.

Ford Maverick Canadian owners with luxury package... Important cold weather questions! note.JPG

Last edited:

Maverick Matt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had a Lincoln with the Sync 3. I believe that is what is offered in the Lariat and or LUX package. In the menu system, there was an option to turn on the heated seats/steering wheel when you remote start it. It all depended on the outside temp. So in the summer the cooled seats would come on and the winter the heat.

bagman51

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer XLT 2011 Mustang Convertible
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Remote started my 2.0 lux 4k this morning at 6 deg c outside. No controls were preset. Seat heaters and steering wheel heat was on with defroster running. Nice surprise!

chrisebarks

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 AWD 4K
Everything comes on and the car warms up fast.

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
maybe worth asking to people in florida/texas if remote start will turn on AC when very hot outside.

Sponsored

MAV_BEAST

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi. Just got my Lariat FX4 and exploring the settings. I see a setting for Remote Start, Climate Control, which can be set to either ā€˜Autoā€™ or ā€˜Last Settingā€™. Not sure what Auto will consider when turning things on or not.
Ford Maverick Canadian owners with luxury package... Important cold weather questions! AC148026-AC65-4028-B6CF-C6713F5A286A
Ford Maverick Canadian owners with luxury package... Important cold weather questions! EBC9BBEA-179B-40E5-A73A-C90EE372EFE1
Ford Maverick Canadian owners with luxury package... Important cold weather questions! 5D8B3E31-8C07-43CD-90CA-C5893889E0C9

Ralli

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

In the Owners Manual on page 124 it mentions Auto will attempt to get the cab temperature to 22*C

Ford Maverick Canadian owners with luxury package... Important cold weather questions! 1635452532258

morrisod

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes you can program it to turn on heat in cab and steering wheel.

Stryder80

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150 Lariat
I am so stoked about getting mine, my ETA is Nov. 22, Sure hope it arrives on schedule or sooner.

Area51Lariatfx4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes it will. Download the Ford Pass app and you can Auto start, lock and unlock your truck wherever you are. In my case, I live in a Condo 14th floor and the truck is park in the basement 2nd down, and truck will still start. It will tell you through the app if the auto start is successful.
Sponsored