First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I mean if you are changing the code to install cruise control on an XL. How easy for someone to mess up? Can you revert to the default setting with a click of a button?
Sponsored

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

In Forscan you can save the current values, before changing them. So if you happened to mess up, you can reload them.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can also get the factory as built settings directly from ford if you need to change everything or an individual module back to default.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

You put in your VIN and you can get the files that forscan can use to put everything to default.

If you already have done some modifications forscan also allows you to make a full back up of a module which you should do anyways before making any changes.

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I mean if you are changing the code to install cruise control on an XL. How easy for someone to mess up? Can you revert to the default setting with a click of a button?
Yes it’s incredibly easy to revert back to previous settings in Forscan. I experimented with trying to disable auto start/stop and it didn’t work, ended up just making the button non-functional for it and no messages displayed for it on the cluster. Took 2 minutes to set it back to the default settings when I got back home.

Take some screenshots when your making changes if your worried or type them out in a word doc. As stated, even if you don’t, it’s still easy to revert back to previous settings and always do a full backup before using forscan as well.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So my take away... Yes you can mess something up. But with a few common sense precautions you can mitigate the risk? Just my 50,000 foot summary from a curious non user (yet).
Sponsored