Sponsored

Can someone verify what a Lariat Lux Key Fob (push button start) looks like please?

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like to protect my C-Max push-button start key fob from all the other junk that stays in my pocket. I want to find a cover for the Maverick Fob. There seem to be a few options online, so I'd like to know exactly what my fob will look like so I get the right one for whenever my truck arrives (been in production 18 days, per the tracker). My Lariat will also have Remote Start on it as well. Attached is a picture of what I *think* should be the correct fob.

Ford Maverick Can someone verify what a Lariat Lux Key Fob (push button start) looks like please? key fob cover
Sponsored

giddyup

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine looks similar but has no button for liftgate. Instead the panic button is shifted up one spot and the bottom is blank.
Ford Maverick Can someone verify what a Lariat Lux Key Fob (push button start) looks like please? PXL_20230128_175041753

OP
OP
BradnChristine

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine looks similar but has no button for liftgate. Instead the panic button is shifted up one spot and the bottom is blank.
PXL_20230128_175041753.jpg
Thanks for the picture. I thought the tailgate lock was supposed to have a button on the Lariat Lux? Not that I "need" a remote unlock for it.

giddyup

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My tailgate unlocks with the main unlock button. There is no separate button afaik.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the picture. I thought the tailgate lock was supposed to have a button on the Lariat Lux? Not that I "need" a remote unlock for it.
The tailgate release button you found is likely for a powered tailgate like you'd find on higher end F-150s, etc.

When you unlock all the doors, the tailgate is also unlocked so all you have to do is grab the release handle.

What I don't know off-hand is if you walk up to the tailgate, fob in your pocket, with the vehicle locked and grab the handle, will it release the tailgate? Or does Intelligent Access not work with the tailgate?

Sponsored

Sirk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XL Hybrid, '05 Honda Element
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What I don't know off-hand is if you walk up to the tailgate, fob in your pocket, with the vehicle locked and grab the handle, will it release the tailgate? Or does Intelligent Access not work with the tailgate?

The intelligent access feature doesn't work with the tailgate, only the two front doors.

OP
OP
BradnChristine

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The tailgate release button you found is likely for a powered tailgate like you'd find on higher end F-150s, etc.

When you unlock all the doors, the tailgate is also unlocked so all you have to do is grab the release handle.

Interesting. This particular FOB cover is supposed to handle a few pickups, so that makes sense.

In my 4-door C-Max, Intelligent access works when you touch the front doors, so I have to touch one of them before trying to opening a back door. But intelligent access does let me swing my foot under the rear hatch to open without touch.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The intelligent access feature doesn't work with the tailgate, only the two front doors.
Thought I'd read that somewhere... Seems like an odd omission but so it goes.

In my 4-door C-Max, Intelligent access works when you touch the front doors, so I have to touch one of them before trying to opening a back door. But intelligent access does let me swing my foot under the rear hatch to open without touch.
Yep. It'll be the same way with the tailgate - if you reach your hand into one of the front doors to unlock, then you'll be able to walk around and open the tailgate.

Ford's sedans and SUVs with Intelligent Access do have it built into their trunks/liftgates/hatches, but evidently not Maverick.

My Escape was supposed to have that foot-activated lift gate feature, but due to "constraints", they deleted it. Still has the sensors under the rear bumper, so there's got to be a way to enable it..

OP
OP
BradnChristine

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thought I'd read that somewhere... Seems like an odd omission but so it goes.

Yep. It'll be the same way with the tailgate - if you reach your hand into one of the front doors to unlock, then you'll be able to walk around and open the tailgate.

Ford's sedans and SUVs with Intelligent Access do have it built into their trunks/liftgates/hatches, but evidently not Maverick.

My Escape was supposed to have that foot-activated lift gate feature, but due to "constraints", they deleted it. Still has the sensors under the rear bumper, so there's got to be a way to enable it..
That foot-activated thing was part of some equipment package when I got my "Dealer stock" C-Max. I grew to really love it...both for opening and closing with stuff in my hands. I'm going to have a really hard time turning loose of that car. Carvana is still offering $18951 for my 2017 and I haven't checked any of the others. I have to keep it until I get the Maverick set up to tow instead.

Micheal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Hy, 2014 Escape, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like to protect my C-Max push-button start key fob from all the other junk that stays in my pocket. I want to find a cover for the Maverick Fob. There seem to be a few options online, so I'd like to know exactly what my fob will look like so I get the right one for whenever my truck arrives (been in production 18 days, per the tracker). My Lariat will also have Remote Start on it as well. Attached is a picture of what I *think* should be the correct fob.
Here is the one I got. Very pleased with it. Yes, Lariat is a 4 button fob.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/122084...&organic_search_click=1&variation1=2620810488
Ford Maverick Can someone verify what a Lariat Lux Key Fob (push button start) looks like please? 1674936909329

Ford Maverick Can someone verify what a Lariat Lux Key Fob (push button start) looks like please? 1674936866130
Sponsored