Sponsored

Can one decipher any meaning from an order code?

megapixle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now that the excitement of ordering has come and gone, need to find new ways to fill my time as I wait for my orders to be built. I will have many months to analyze my order from every possible angle. :)

Looks like order codes are 4 digit codes (not talking priority codes, not talking price levels). My dealer says they placed over 70 Maverick orders. I ordered 2 Mavericks, with order codes _07_ and _08_ (first and last letters omitted). Could this mean that my orders are #7 and #8 from my dealer, meaning I could be closer to the front of the line? Is there any meaning to the first and last letters of the 4 digit code?
Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Engine
Undecided
You should ask your dealer - they all do it differently. If you were ordering from LM, the first and last characters are the salesperson initials. If your dealer does that you would be vehicle 7 and 8 from that salesperson. If they have 10 salespeople you are likely closer to #70 than #1.

LtCasual

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the dealers can make those codes up. I have usually seen first and last initials of salespeople plus the order number, for example I have an order in D01F and my salesman name is Duane F.

OP
OP

megapixle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good call on the initials, the ones on my order code match my salesman. I guess I'll assume my 07 and 08 are #7 and #8 for my salesman.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm sure they have a system because they have to be able to identify them. But I doubt there is a common thread to be found amongst all dealers.

Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The dealer’s order code is a reference generated by the dealer. It means whatever they want it to.

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good call on the initials, the ones on my order code match my salesman. I guess I'll assume my 07 and 08 are #7 and #8 for my salesman.
Also keep in mind that if that is the case with the ins and outs of your dealer (initials bookending numbers) it does not necessarily mean you are the #7 and #8 Maverick orders that salesperson received but could be the 7th and 8th orders regardless of model.

No way to know what the order number designates except directly from a specific dealer. For example, my Maverick order number was one letter followed by three digits.

Then there are cases when a dealer re-uses or duplicates order numbers, applying the same number(s) to different customers , which makes the whole ball o' wax more byzantine.

To make things even more confusing, suppose the system with the initials is used and the salesperson is subsequently fired or departs for greener pastures. In such a case all his/her order numbers might be reconfigured to reflect whomever inherited those orders.
Sponsored

Last edited: