Sponsored

Can manual sliding rear window be converted to power?

Camodude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester Wilderness
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My XLT would be perfect if it had the power sliding rear window. I cannot justify the thousands of dollars for a Lariat just for that! Can the manual be made a power window? Please Ford, make the power sliding rear window an option for the lower trims
Sponsored

Probity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Scab 2.7EB, 2017 CR-V
My view - not going to happen any time soon if ever. Get the manual if you must have a window. Only a masochist with deep pockets would attempt a solid window-to-power sliding window refit.

dldsm7

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My view - not going to happen any time soon if ever. Get the manual if you must have a window. Only a masochist with deep pockets would attempt a solid window-to-power sliding window refit.
eh I would say power window would be nicemost of the time(not all of the time) and someone may find a “hack” to add those parts. Won’t be cheap either though.

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My guess is it probably depends if they are wired for it then you would have to buy the switch on the dash and and the power motor but it’s probably a different rear window with the motor as part of the window.

It’s definitely not a cheap way of doing it unless you can find one in a salvage yard and take the necessary parts to make it work which again depends if it’s wired for it.

Ford Maverick Can manual sliding rear window be converted to power? Area 51 2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux Package MPG 2

bobtheslob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Escape Titanium, 17 Flex Base
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think you can make it power for a few dollars more than a Lariat package.
Sponsored