marpolsdofer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Dodge Dakota 5.2L, 96 Geo Prizm 1.8L
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I plan on replacing my fuel efficient 96 Geo Prizm and my gas guzzling/small cab 10 MPG 95 Dodge Dakota or one them goes to my stepson. I was planing on waiting until next spring to order a Hybrid. I got 7 months left on my payments for my CMV so would not be able to afford a new vehicle till May. Then I saw Hybrids are about sold out and will end early November and might not reopen till the 2023 models. Then what order a 2023 and wait even longer or price goes up because of demand.
Got me thinking if I just order it now it may be done around the May time frame?
I talked to a dealer and he said I can order it and if I can not take it because it came when I was not ready for it they can pass it on to someone else. Then you know I back to waiting for 2023.
Sponsored

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would say order it, and if it comes too early you don't have to buy it (just find a dealer that does not require a deposit). The way things are going right now though, May might not be all that crazy of a delivery date. You could artificially delay your order by adding a constrained item (like the spray in bed liner) and just remove it when your ready to get built.

OP
OP

marpolsdofer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would say order it, and if it comes too early you don't have to buy it (just find a dealer that does not require a deposit). The way things are going right now though, May might not be all that crazy of a delivery date. You could artificially delay your order by adding a constrained item (like the spray in bed liner) and just remove it when your ready to get built.
I am having trouble deciding on things. I want to get some type of bed liner (spray, drop in, mat type), mud guards, floor mats. I am trying to save as much money as I can so I would prefer to get aftermarket as it can be half the cost cheaper except maybe spry bed liner. We put mud guards on my wife 2020 Camry. Factory was over $100 but after market was $20.

Then I can not make up my mind on XL and XLT. I want cruse and don't know how I feel about he XL wheels. Sure I could add cruse for $500-$700 and may not work 100% with everything more true if I was to ever use open pilot to maybe gain adaptive cruise control. Wheels another $500 minimum. Also the XLT does has some other items the is not a big deal but is nice to have.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am having trouble deciding on things. I want to get some type of bed liner (spray, drop in, mat type), mud guards, floor mats. I am trying to save as much money as I can so I would prefer to get aftermarket as it can be half the cost cheaper except maybe spry bed liner. We put mud guards on my wife 2020 Camry. Factory was over $100 but after market was $20.

Then I can not make up my mind on XL and XLT. I want cruse and don't know how I feel about he XL wheels. Sure I could add cruse for $500-$700 and may not work 100% with everything more true if I was to ever use open pilot to maybe gain adaptive cruise control. Wheels another $500 minimum. Also the XLT does has some other items the is not a big deal but is nice to have.
I had an XL on order originally and thought about the same. Figure I was going to get new rims if I had the xl and maybe aftermarket cruise control. Figured it made more sense to switch into the XLT in my case. Get the rims I like, cruise control, power mirrors, remote tailgate unlock and fold down armrest in the rear. I removed the hard roll up cover so the price is about the same as my xl build was.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I was kinda in the same boat. I ended up ordering an XLT, only option I got was the tow hitch, because its far cheaper from Ford than trying to get it aftermarket. I'm not comfortable with aftermarket cruise and I really like the XLT wheels too. I also wanted the power mirrors ($500 option on XL with copilot360) So with all of those options, it was cheaper to just get the XLT. I'm going to have line-X or Bullet do the spray in on my truck.

Sponsored

OP
OP

marpolsdofer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was kinda in the same boat. I ended up ordering an XLT, only option I got was the tow hitch, because its far cheaper from Ford than trying to get it aftermarket. I'm not comfortable with aftermarket cruise and I really like the XLT wheels too. I also wanted the power mirrors ($500 option on XL with copilot360) So with all of those options, it was cheaper to just get the XLT. I'm going to have line-X or Bullet do the spray in on my truck.
Yeah I am putting a hitch on it as well $100 is just cheap for wiring and receiver.
I am putting copilot in it. My wife has this stuff in he Camry and it is nice. She is 4'8" so she has a hard timing seeing thing backing out of parking lot. The maverick is also still small compared other truck in my area. I don't know what the insurance savings is on it but it does help my wife, my neck, and preventing accidents. Power mirrors are is a plus. I hate having to manually switch mirrors and then my wife can drive it. Powerseats be nice but the is not much of a problem but bases tilt :(

I personally was not in the market for another vehicle but the specs on the truck was to good. Get rid of both my aging vehicles or give one to my step son, save a bunch of fuel, and its just newer.

villageidiot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many many in the past, none currently
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
id order it. may won't be THAT far away.

not sure where you finance your vehicles, but my credit union will push a new loan out for 90 days before you start paying for the loan.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah I am putting a hitch on it as well $100 is just cheap for wiring and receiver.
I am putting copilot in it. My wife has this stuff in he Camry and it is nice. She is 4'8" so she has a hard timing seeing thing backing out of parking lot. The maverick is also still small compared other truck in my area. I don't know what the insurance savings is on it but it does help my wife, my neck, and preventing accidents. Power mirrors are is a plus. I hate having to manually switch mirrors and then my wife can drive it. Powerseats be nice but the is not much of a problem but bases tilt :(

I personally was not in the market for another vehicle but the specs on the truck was to good. Get rid of both my aging vehicles or give one to my step son, save a bunch of fuel, and its just newer.
I know the power seats are an option in the XL as a fleet option. I may try and track one down and see if I can wire it up in my maverick.

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went with the XL because once I sat in one, my opinion was the XL interior is the best looking by far. Will switch out the wheels for someones takeoffs eventually. I very rarely use cruise, be nice to have it. I did get copilot360 which adds mirror adjustment.

OP
OP

marpolsdofer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
id order it. may won't be THAT far away.

not sure where you finance your vehicles, but my credit union will push a new loan out for 90 days before you start paying for the loan.
I don't think I even want to ask my credit union. Over the last 5 years they have not helped us or given us better rates then other banks we have used. Went to buy a CMV the bank my CU said no but the bank I ended up getting if from did not have any issues with and gave me a better rate then the CU was giving out. Went to buy a house flat out no because I was self employed and my wife coming from Russia did not have any credit but has been working over 2 years. Another bank we end up going to had issues with it but they gave us a in house loan and gave my wife time to build credit, refinance in 5 years and also saved us $8k but getting us grants the CU was unwilling to do.
When we got my wife new car Toyota gave here 0% financing on the lease even if we got a loan instead the rates was better then the CU.
Ford rates are still better then my CU and I still do not know why I even bank with them anymore.

Sponsored
OP
OP

marpolsdofer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went with the XL because once I sat in one, my opinion was the XL interior is the best looking by far. Will switch out the wheels for someones takeoffs eventually. I very rarely use cruise, be nice to have it. I did get copilot360 which adds mirror adjustment.
I am with you on the interior. Dirt and stuff will show more on the XLT interior. On long drives the XLT would keep me more awake.

villageidiot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many many in the past, none currently
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't think I even want to ask my credit union. Over the last 5 years they have not helped us or given us better rates then other banks we have used. Went to buy a CMV the bank my CU said no but the bank I ended up getting if from did not have any issues with and gave me a better rate then the CU was giving out. Went to buy a house flat out no because I was self employed and my wife coming from Russia did not have any credit but has been working over 2 years. Another bank we end up going to had issues with it but they gave us a in house loan and gave my wife time to build credit, refinance in 5 years and also saved us $8k but getting us grants the CU was unwilling to do.
When we got my wife new car Toyota gave here 0% financing on the lease even if we got a loan instead the rates was better then the CU.
Ford rates are still better then my CU and I still do not know why I even bank with them anymore.
that sucks. My CU has been great.

what’s a CMV?

OP
OP

marpolsdofer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
that sucks. My CU has been great.

what’s a CMV?
Mine use to be great but then that crap. The best part they use to be open to 6pm but few years ago changed it to 5pm.
CMV is Commercial Motor Vehicle. Semi trucks for the most part but really anything used to support/run a bis. In my case it is a 07 Sterling LTS 900 drywall crane truck.

Last edited:
OP
OP

marpolsdofer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Order 10/25/21 - 2.5L Hybrid - Carbonized Gray - XLT - Co-pilot 360 - Trailer Hitch - Spray Bed liner - Soft Roll Tonneau Cover - Mud Guards.
Order confirmed 10/25/21
Sponsored