Sponsored

Can i fit 265/70/17 tires on my stock 17” xlt wheels? I seen this at Walmart and looked good.

Omarsin1

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick
i wonder if i can fit this on my xlt stock wheels? Any ideas?

Ford Maverick Can i fit 265/70/17 tires on my stock 17” xlt wheels? I seen this at Walmart and looked good. D3505E3D-8A68-441A-966E-188463DD693E

Ford Maverick Can i fit 265/70/17 tires on my stock 17” xlt wheels? I seen this at Walmart and looked good. 99277326-0B49-403B-8C57-9C60124C56AF
Sponsored

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Personally I wouldnt do it. I have this size on my Taco and I did AAL's in the rear and shocks in the front to affect 2" lift so the larger tires could retain functionality and not look stuffed. There was also a slight rub at stock but that may have been the wider wheels.

I would go with a body-on frame truck if you want big tires. They are much better suited to handle larger tires and can actually reap benefit unlike the Mav which is primarily cosmetic and detrimental to the ride when you add larger tires.

Ford Maverick Can i fit 265/70/17 tires on my stock 17” xlt wheels? I seen this at Walmart and looked good. B93334FB-D1E9-4291-9F06-A3EC71AA3D88

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not without a 2" lift and trimming the pinch welds. Also in my experience cheap Goodyear Wranglers (and others of their lineup) are shit and will shift belts if you look at them wrong.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Not without a 2" lift and trimming the pinch welds. Also in my experience cheap Goodyear Wranglers (and others of their lineup) are shit and will shift belts if you look at them wrong.
Those are goodyears, they are knock off imports. I always had great luck with the 235/75/15 goodyear wranglers, just a lil thin for real offroading but fine for dirt roads. But thats a different tire than you can get on a Mav.
Personally I wouldnt do it. I have this size on my Taco and I did AAL's in the rear and shocks in the front to affect 2" lift so the larger tires could retain functionality and not look stuffed. There was also a slight rub at stock but that may have been the wider wheels.

I would go with a body-on frame truck if you want big tires. They are much better suited to handle larger tires and can actually reap benefit unlike the Mav which is primarily cosmetic and detrimental to the ride when you add larger tires.

B93334FB-D1E9-4291-9F06-A3EC71AA3D88.jpeg
Thats just crazy talk. The larger the tire the bigger the contact patch, 31s also have much better tread options at that size, you can get Super Swampers, and other real MT tires. Let me put it this way if you put a $70,000 rock buggy on drag radials or even minivan tires it will get stuck quicker in most slick situations than a honda element with hacked up wheel wells and swampers put on it.

I personally hope to get to this size one day. But for now I am going to stick to 245/70r17s. They are available in some decent tire models and will fit with a basic 2" lift. I am hoping by the time I get around to my 2nd set of tires there will be a full spring lift with a shock upgrade. I dont want to do spacers since it limits useable travel.

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure why you’d want Super Swampers on a Mav but OK

you are really limited with suspension upgrades to compliment the bigger tires on a unibody. Has anyone done this exact size ? Pretty sure you’d have major rub even with trimming and the spacer and coil type body lifts avail. Even the 2” AAL and shock lift on my Taco there’s still minor rub at full crank.

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Those are goodyears, they are knock off imports. I always had great luck with the 235/75/15 goodyear wranglers, just a lil thin for real offroading but fine for dirt roads. But thats a different tire than you can get on a Mav.
Misinterpreted the second picture since the manufacturer mark was out of view and the Goodyear tag there.

When we ran Wranglers (at least the cheapie patterns; they've got about a dozen of 'em now) on stuff like Rangers and Explorers in our fleet they'd usually die of a shifted belt and/or cracking and leaking down the circumference of the tread. The Goodyear RSAs that usually came when we got fleet Crown Vics in were just as bad. You get what you pay for in tires and all that, but Goodyears seemed the worst in structural durability.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Not sure why you’d want Super Swampers on a Mav but OK

you are really limited with suspension upgrades to compliment the bigger tires on a unibody. Has anyone done this exact size ? Pretty sure you’d have major rub even with trimming and the spacer and coil type body lifts avail. Even the 2” AAL and shock lift on my Taco there’s still minor rub at full crank.
Because I like to party! And I live offroad and need the traction to reduce wear on the small vehicle.

Yes it has been done, 31s and 32s. The rear only requires the 2"(actual 1.5")spacer lift, and the front requires the lift spacer and the pinch weld to be trimmed and re-welded(when I get mine I will see but I prefer to slice and fold pinch welds).

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Misinterpreted the second picture since the manufacturer mark was out of view and the Goodyear tag there.

When we ran Wranglers (at least the cheapie patterns; they've got about a dozen of 'em now) on stuff like Rangers and Explorers in our fleet they'd usually die of a shifted belt and/or cracking and leaking down the circumference of the tread. The Goodyear RSAs that usually came when we got fleet Crown Vics in were just as bad. You get what you pay for in tires and all that, but Goodyears seemed the worst in structural durability.
Mine died of punctures and cracking after 4+ years. Light daily offroad hill climb/decent and sub 65 mph highway driving.

Hard to say. But yeah those arent goodyears, maybe thats a good thing maybe not. I am running a knockoff right now since I couldnt get the wranglers on island. Such a no name brand I can even think of it. I think its a bridgestone subsidiary.

StillWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So did you do it? I’m now considering the same problem

Gulfcoast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Member Adospeed has a set of those in 245/65/17 and seems pleased with them. FYI, they are made in the USA!

Sponsored

Area51Lariatfx4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you install this on your factory rims, it might rub on your shocks and struts assembly. The factory rims has 37.5 offsets, my current rims is 20 offsets. So it pushed out the rims away from the shocks and struts assembly. In that way the tires will not rub on them. I’m running the same tires size that you’re trying to get

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dextero brand tires are made by GITI tire company world wide with 8 plants. One in South Carolina 7-10 years old. GITI is based in Singapore. Walmart stocks them but you can buy them at Discount as well.
Check out Mastercraft tires. Relatively new tire made by Cooper Tire Division of Goodyear Tire.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick Can i fit 265/70/17 tires on my stock 17” xlt wheels? I seen this at Walmart and looked good. wake-up-dracula

How did you even find this thread to revive it :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored