Marjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla and Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I placed my order for an XLT hybrid, Lux, rear window, moon roof and Co-Pilot 360 on 10/17. Now, after reading so many posts and allowing myself to realize how much happier I would be with a Lariat, I want to change the trim to Lariat hybrid, with Lux, Co-Pilot Assist, moon roof. Now 17 days later, I sent a text to my dealer asking for the change and have not had a response. Is it too late and will I lose my place in the production line? Can I retain my Price guarantee?
Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
According to Tim, drive train and engine are locked but trim didn't appear to be. Ford's official guidance was that trim is locked.

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I placed my order for an XLT hybrid, Lux, rear window, moon roof and Co-Pilot 360 on 10/17. Now, after reading so many posts and allowing myself to realize how much happier I would be with a Lariat, I want to change the trim to Lariat hybrid, with Lux, Co-Pilot Assist, moon roof. Now 17 days later, I sent a text to my dealer asking for the change and have not had a response. Is it too late and will I lose my place in the production line? Can I retain my Price guarantee?
I don't think so since it is a trim code change, but if you want to sell the XLT Hybrid, I am interested. I could be wrong but I do believe that is what I had heard.

Last edited:

ohpyramids

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor, '22 Maverick XLT - LUX 4K Moonroof
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interested to see if anyone has successfully revised an order that's been placed. I am confirmed for a '23 XLT hybrid, but wanted to add LUX package. My dealer said they edited the order, but would Ford confirm that somehow?

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
According to Tim, drive train and engine are locked but trim didn't appear to be. Ford's official guidance was that trim is locked.
Trim is supposed to be locked. I'm not going to mess around w/ any of our orders in WBDO......
My question would be....even if you could change the trim. Would that change the order date (making a major change that that would usually change the order submission date), would that maybe make the order ineligible for scheduling (since the order submission date would be out of range)?

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Trim is supposed to be locked. I'm not going to mess around w/ any of our orders in WBDO......
My question would be....even if you could change the trim. Would that change the order date (making a major change that that would usually change the order submission date), would that maybe make the order ineligible for scheduling (since the order submission date would be out of range)?
Changes to the order do not change your order date. The date is when it was initially entered, not when it was confirmed. This avoids people losing their place in line over small changes which can be made right up until they start production. Plus, dealers may change your order on your behalf if need be. For example, if you asked for mudflaps and that is delaying your truck, the dealer will remove the mudflaps from the order and install them themselves.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Changes to the order do not change your order date. The date is when it was initially entered, not when it was confirmed. This avoids people losing their place in line over small changes which can be made right up until they start production. Plus, dealers may change your order on your behalf if need be. For example, if you asked for mudflaps and that is delaying your truck, the dealer will remove the mudflaps from the order and install them themselves.
I work at a dealership. Making minor changes will not change the order date. Making major changes will change the order receipt date. PEP (="preferred equipment package" I believe) code = trim level.

Ex:
  • Order Amendments that will change a Receipt Date:
    • Changing Body Code
    • Changing PEP Code / Equipment Group
    • This is for all vehicles

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I work at a dealership. Making minor changes will not change the order date. Making major changes will change the order receipt date. PEP (="preferred equipment package" I believe) code = trim level.

Ex:
    • Changing Body Code
That sounds right since we were told those can't be changed anyway.

jabberbox

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Toyota Tacoma SR5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, does this mean changing trim level will cause delays?

Ex:
    • Changing Body Code

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sounds like it will change your submission date entirely which would be outside of the order bank date range which may entirely jeopardize your order from ever being scheduled, or bumped into priority 20 and above which means it will be dealer inventory and thus not "your" order, not to mention at the end of the line of the production run.

I wouldn't do it.

Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Normally, yes.

But for 2023 Maverick since the retail order banks have closed:
  • WBDO will allow dealers to modify specs on existing retail orders after the retail order bank has been closed – Body and PEP codes cannot be changed

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like it will change your submission date entirely which would be outside of the order bank date range which may entirely jeopardize your order from ever being scheduled, or bumped into priority 20 and above which means it will be dealer inventory and thus not "your" order, not to mention at the end of the line of the production run.

I wouldn't do it.
Yes, I agree. Even if WBDO lets you change trim level (or engine), your order submission will now be out of range.......and the order may very likely just sit in limbo and never even be considered for scheduling.

jabberbox

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Toyota Tacoma SR5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting considering @fordvideoguy confirmed you could change the trim, but didn't note anything about jeopardizing your order completely.

I was considering going from XLT to Lariat.

OP
OP
GeoDream

GeoDream

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla and Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Last night Tim Bratz said we could change trim. Again asked my dealer today and was told it wasn't possible. I am so frustrated.

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Last night Tim Bratz said we could change trim. Again asked my dealer today and was told it wasn't possible. I am so frustrated.
They are probably going off the dealer memo instead of trying it out. Just did this yesterday on an order.
Sponsored