Sponsored

Can Forscan be used to add more time with hands off the wheel during cruise (copilot360)?

Maverick&Goose

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 F350
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With driver assist we have so many seconds with hands off the wheel during cruise control and is there a way to add more time so we don't get chimed (hands on wheel) alert? I don't have the software yet so if someone can chime in.. Thanks!
Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That would be awesome!

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2019 Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With driver assist we have so many seconds with hands off the wheel during cruise control and is there a way to add more time so we don't get chimed (hands on wheel) alert? I don't have the software yet so if someone can chime in.. Thanks!
I was thinking this same thing while driving home last night. I don't have forscan I have Torque and Bimmercode, but I would be willing to buy forscan and see what can be seen.

I'll get back to you in a couple of days!

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had the same thought last night driving home. Its currently 12 seconds. Even 5 more seconds would be incredibly useful. I get really annoyed when I get the warning and my hand is on the wheel.

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Forscan isn't magic. It can only adjust what values Ford has exposed as editable flags in the programmable memory. So if the hands off alert time is (likely) hard coded you're SOL.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was thinking this same thing while driving home last night. I don't have forscan I have Torque and Bimmercode, but I would be willing to buy forscan and see what can be seen.

I'll get back to you in a couple of days!
Forscan for Windows is free. You need the Extended license for programming changes, which also has a free 2 month trial.
Support Request (forscan.org)

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think I'll wait awhile before I chime in🤗

Sponsored
First Name
John Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2019 Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
*Kinda* solved... Maybe? I hopped in a borrowed bronco sport equipped with the 360+ and borrowed some of the code from it. I identified the programs that monitor wheel input and set off the Hands on wheel timer. I spent hours over the weekend tweaking and testing and I don't think that I can get this to work through programming the computers. Maybe updating to sync4 or the android system next year may unlock this.

What does work:
I used 3M double sided sticky to mount a 1lb bakers weight to the steering wheel on the plastic back behind my right hand (around the 3 o'clock position). It's mounted far enough back that I do not ever accidentally hit it with my hand, though I kinda wish I had mounted it to the left side so that it would not be noticeable from the passenger seats. This 1 pound weight applies just enough wheel feedback that about 99% of the time I can go endless miles of highway without interruption. I did several highway trips trying to stay "hands free". Though the lka/lc does sometimes decide to veer away from the lane, following shadows, tar patches, cracks, tire marks, etc. So absolutely the driver MUST stay in control of the vehicle, eyes up, pay attention.

Tldr: it takes approx 1 lb force on the wheel (bakers weight, rice sock, bag of quarters). Software hack as far as I know not yet available. THE FORD MAVERICK CANNOT DRIVE ITSELF.

OP
OP
Maverick&Goose

Maverick&Goose

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 F350
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow that is a great idea! I'll have to try that out. It just seams that 10-13 seconds is not enough time. Of course paying attention to the road is a must even when you are hands free.