Sponsored

Can Dealers raise the MSRP’s once our trucks are delivered?

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, EB AWD Towing, Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As the title states. I’m wondering if I should expect to be disappointed with a market adjustment or something of that nature when it’s time to pick up and pay. Is this something dealers are allowed to do?
Sponsored

spacemancraig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
MSRP stands for *Manufacturers* Suggested Retail Price

The dealer cannot change it, they can be assholes and charge you more anyway though, but that would be over MSRP.

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you don't have a signed agreement between you and your dealer, then you bet they can! Just like any binding agreement - when you "made a deal" with your dealer, they should have provided you the "Out The Door" pricing and then both parties signed a copy to form a binding agreement. If you didn't do that, then LOOK OUT! Since the dealer owns the truck prior to your signing of the purchase paperwork - they can do whatever they want and in this day and time, dealers pretty much have the all the options. These forums are full of dealers adding ADM fees on stock units, so what makes you think that they wouldn't do the same for retail units without a binding signed agreement.

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
MSRP = Manufacturers' Suggested Retail Price
The key word there is 'suggested'. Some will try to tack on ADMs, and others will sell below that price. I got them to lock-in the price as @sdr.speng noted - purchase agreement with pricing all filled out, signed by both me and the dealership. If they do try to tack it on later, get your money back and walk away if you can.

MavrickEcoBoost

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Most dealers are charging over MSRP if its on the lot, Most dealers are honoring MSRP if you order. The best thing to do is have a purchase agreement signed, but if not email or text the sales manager so you can have it on record of what to expect.

Sponsored

bob_vic

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Most dealers are charging over MSRP if its on the lot, Most dealers are honoring MSRP if you order. The best thing to do is have a purchase agreement signed, but if not email or text the sales manager so you can have it on record of what to expect.
I'd rather walk away if my dealer does that. Can't justify signing a purchase agreement for a truck I've never test driven.

MavrickEcoBoost

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I'd rather walk away if my dealer does that. Can't justify signing a purchase agreement for a truck I've never test driven.
Purchase agreement is price protection. Not a contract to actually purchase the car. If you didnt sign one then the dealer can do whatever they want to the price.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was told by my salesman the the DORA I signed is what I will pay. I will have to pay document fees etc above what I signed. If there are no ridiculous fees, I will buy it.

My salesman also stated that the dealer he works for (Germain) said they were told to stick to MSRP on any stock units. We will see how long that will last.

bob_vic

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Purchase agreement is price protection. Not a contract to actually purchase the car. If you didnt sign one then the dealer can do whatever they want to the price.
Good to know, thanks.

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is a signed (by both parties) DORA legally equivalent to a purchase agreement? What is your opinion?

Sponsored

V2WIN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As the title states. I’m wondering if I should expect to be disappointed with a market adjustment or something of that nature when it’s time to pick up and pay. Is this something dealers are allowed to do?
Ford is throwing away the idea of ordering if they allow dealers to do this. I'm quite excited about my order, but I will walk on the truck, dealer, & Ford if it happens. My escape only has 48k miles on it, but it will go as well as my wife's Ford if they pull that cap. We all need to let Ford know we will all walk.

RBFGina

First Name
Gina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Stepside ('94), Maverick Lariat Hybrid ('22)
I got a call from my dealer (Elk Grove Ford, in a suburb of Sacramento, CA) that the first two Mavericks had come in and would I like a look? Both already sold, one ordered, one bought off the lot. One Ecoboost, one hybrid.

Of course, I ran right over.

Salesman told me I was lucky I pre-ordered because they were marking up the price on the lot, but pre-order price would not change. (I also got fleet pricing through my employer, Nationwide Insurance, since NW buys all their vehicles from Ford and the pricing is offered to employers as perk of that, I guess.)

He also said they expect to see mine (Lariat hybrid) relatively soon, even though I haven't seen an update from Ford. He said they had a 80-some pre-orders from that dealership alone, and mine was No. 3.

Still prepared to be waiting a while, TBH. Good salesmanship on the dealer's/salesman's part, though, since I was sort of toying with canceling the order entirely in recent days when I was thinking I wouldn't see it until next year. (Ordered in early June.)

Couldn't drive it since it was already sold, but did sit in it and get a "tour" of the features. Was very pleased and am again patient about waiting.

This was the hybrid retail one, Area 51 although it looks greenish in this light. The bright blue was the pre-ordered ecoboost, and I didn't really look at that one since the new owners were there to get it.

Ford Maverick Can Dealers raise the MSRP’s once our trucks are delivered? IMG_0652

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
Unrelated to the thread topic, but how are they claiming the hybrid is sold already? I thought they weren't delivering hybrids until the EPA gave the ok to buy.

LAClippers420

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I never signed anything and everything was done through email. Emails did state that they won’t charge above msrp so I’m wondering if they can still give me the ol’ switcharoo since I never technically signed anything. Anxiety starting to kick in lol.

RBFGina

First Name
Gina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Stepside ('94), Maverick Lariat Hybrid ('22)
Unrelated to the thread topic, but how are they claiming the hybrid is sold already? I thought they weren't delivering hybrids until the EPA gave the ok to buy.
Dunno. Just relating what I was told.
Sponsored