Sponsored

Can ball hitch be mounted on the back bumper of the XL?

DavidLs

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger/23 and 24 Mave hybrids
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Any Idea if a Ball hitch can be mounted on the back bumper of the XL? It would be for the occasional light load. I have the F 150 for the big things. Just asking.
Sponsored

oilman300

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't think there is a provision for a bumper mounted ball. I wouldn't think it would be strong enough anyway.

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No. Modern bumpers aren't suitable for trailer hitches. You'll need to have one properly mounted.

mrjspence

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No offense but I can’t think of any reason to not just add the hitch from factory for a few hundred bucks. 2K lbs right there. Or have an after market one put on. Safe and pre-wired for brake lights. Bumper hitch days are long gone.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No offense but I can’t think of any reason to not just add the hitch from factory for a few hundred bucks. 2K lbs right there. Or have an after market one put on. Safe and pre-wired for brake lights. Bumper hitch days are long gone.
This,

Just add the hitch or the towing package. The hitch by itself is only $100. MUCH cheaper than having to pay someone to weld something onto the frame. If it's anything like the towing hooks, it's possible that the frame elements that the hitch receiver is connected to don't exist unless you order it. Towing hooks screw into something that just isn't there on non FX4 trucks. Could be the same for the trailer hitch.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DavidLs

DavidLs

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am a welder. Just asking about a ball on the bumper. My 05 Ranger handels the ball on the bumper just fine. I thought this would do the same. I am now picking out the steel to make one when the truck gets here. Thanks for the in put. I will post the finshed hitch once its made.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am a welder. Just asking about a ball on the bumper. My 05 Ranger handels the ball on the bumper just fine. I thought this would do the same. I am now picking out the steel to make one when the truck gets here. Thanks for the in put. I will post the finshed hitch once its made.
Post pics of rear with plastic bumper cover removed?

JibbersCrabst

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm confused, where would you put it?

Ford Maverick Can ball hitch be mounted on the back bumper of the XL? ective-tailgate-lettering-2022-ford-maverick-1-

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
that '05 version was before they integrated bumpers into the body of the vehicle and covered it in foam & plastic. My 1987 Ranger came standard WITHOUT any rear bumper and you added it with your order or went aftermarket. I bought a used chrome step bumper and modified it with my own brackets to fit. I was poor and cheap back then! Later Rangers I owned came standard with a "step bumper" that had a flat area under the license plate with pre-drilled hole to add your own hitch ball. That doesn't exist on Mavericks. Better make sure you don't somehow weaken the crash integrity modifying what is on there now.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DavidLs

DavidLs

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Gona put it right where the factory one is. As far as as looks. Plastic and metal Fab I can handle. I can weld Both. Dont worry not dumb enough to put a Torch or 6011 on any frame.
Just waiting on the truck. I got Metal,Plastic and alot of time. Retired. Thanks for the Input.

DarkStormy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gona put it right where the factory one is. As far as as looks. Plastic and metal Fab I can handle. I can weld Both. Dont worry not dumb enough to put a Torch or 6011 on any frame.
Just waiting on the truck. I got Metal,Plastic and alot of time. Retired. Thanks for the Input.
As long as it's not attached to the bumper, I believe there are airbag deployment sensors there now, hence why bumper towing has gone away.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any Idea if a Ball hitch can be mounted on the back bumper of the XL? It would be for the occasional light load. I have the F 150 for the big things. Just asking.
Negative
Sponsored