Sponsored

Camper Shell: Seal around back cab window?

greenweever

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Peterbuilt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone confirmed a seal to go between the camper shell and the back cab window that works well? Also, did you have to add any type of seal between the camper shell and the top of the truck bed and around the tailgate? If so, any links to those products as well would be appreciated.
Sponsored

Mephisto613

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just had an ARE v-series cap installed. There is a gap. You need the gap between the topper and the cab for flex. A lot of the toppers come with fold down windows so you can clean out the space between the rear window and the topper. I wouldn't put anything in to seal mine. It's water tight enough. Obviously not the same as an SUV that is a solid body panel , but these aren't SUVs. It's a mod to a small pickup truck

Ford Maverick Camper Shell: Seal around back cab window? 20230126_122336

Ford Maverick Camper Shell: Seal around back cab window? 20230126_122325

BlueRaven

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mav, 01 CRV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just had an ARE v-series cap installed. There is a gap. You need the gap between the topper and the cab for flex. A lot of the toppers come with fold down windows so you can clean out the space between the rear window and the topper. I wouldn't put anything in to seal mine. It's water tight enough. Obviously not the same as an SUV that is a solid body panel , but these aren't SUVs. It's a mod to a small pickup truck

20230126_122336.jpg

20230126_122325.jpg

its unibody. if the bed is flexing. you have damage. i will be using a one sided stick camper seal between the cab and shell. it will not hurt anything and keep rain and snow out of the gap.
Sponsored