Sponsored

Camera protection - Rain-X or lip covering?

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I get it... Lots of folks don't like the camera. Personally, I don't think it is all that bad. However, I wish it was protected better from the rain. Has anyone tried putting Rain-X on it or added a lip to protect it? It definitely needs something. It is pretty exposed, more so than I have had on other cars.

Ford Maverick Camera protection - Rain-X or lip covering? PXL_20220201_134805326
Sponsored

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There probably isn't much that can be done as far as a lip, etc, as the moisture accumulates from the turbulent air behind the truck as it goes down the road.

Rain-X might be worth a shot.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There probably isn't much that can be done as far as a lip, etc, as the moisture accumulates from the turbulent air behind the truck as it goes down the road.

Remember it's a flex bed. DIY a micro wiper blade with a itsy-bitsy sprayer to keep it clean. You can put control knob in dash cubby. 🥰

OP
OP
CenTexMav

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My thought is that water runs down off of the logo on to the lense. I'm going to try a small lip as a deflector .. we'll see how that goes. I'll post the results. I'm just checking to see if someone else has done anything.

Euby

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My thought is that water runs down off of the logo on to the lense. I'm going to try a small lip as a deflector .. we'll see how that goes. I'll post the results. I'm just checking to see if someone else has done anything.
Have you found anything that works?

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I put turtle wax ceramic hybrid solutions on my truck when I first got it. At the time I had noticed the issue you are seeing with the backup camera getting dirty. I put some of the ceramic coating on the lens and it does seem to have helped. Its not perfect, but the lens stays clean longer than it did before the coating.
Sponsored