First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I installed mine incorrectly also. Every picture I could find, other than the Ford accessories site, showed them installed the same as the OP. Live & learn, I'm ok with mine as is.
I searched too and all of them were showing the way this one is except for the Ford site so I decided to install them like the Ford site looks much better but they are mounted on the rubber so not as strong.

Ford Maverick Cactus Gray Maverick with Ford Accessory Door Moldings, Hood Protector, Window Deflectors 20211123_131557

Orb1T

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick,Porsche 986,997.1,S4,Tesla
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I searched too and all of them were showing the way this one is except for the Ford site so I decided to install them like the Ford site looks much better but they are mounted on the rubber so not as strong.

20211123_131557.jpg
so it only sticks to the thin rubber then right?

Sponsored

Cactusgraymav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
so it only sticks to the thin rubber then right?
Yes if you mount them even also they do theme cheaper made then the vent visor brand not quite as good of a fitment around the doors and feel a little flimsy. I did put mine on in about 40 degree weather and about two hours later did go on the interstate I lost the front passenger side one but the rest have been on for about a week and a half now and I have been through several car washes and they are still there. I use my Ford points to get them if I had to pay for them probably would have been upset. But I am very pleased with the look of them.

Tcat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT hybrid
What is the purpose of those moldings on the lower part of the door, shouldn't they be at the midpoint to deflect door dings shopping carts and etc?

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What is the purpose of those moldings on the lower part of the door, shouldn't they be at the midpoint to deflect door dings shopping carts and etc?
That is a good question as molding is usually at the highest point so that if someone opens a door it catches the molding and not the paint. These are wide and while I am happy for anyone that got them because they like them. I am not a big fan.

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The wheel well flares are backordered? And where’s the hood “scoop.”

Sponsored

Fordloyal

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2013 f-150 xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Wait… what?! 🙃
Looks like it does. I’ve never seen that before
I like the look of some of these pieces, but curious as to how the adhesive tape holds up to car washes. Is tape the standard install method these days? Sturdy?
I had the same hood and window deflectors on mine. They hold up great, but I took mine off and replaced them with one from egr. I was never crazy about the ones on the window. And the hood protector was fine but didn’t work as a bug deflector. I like the ones we have on it now.

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I installed my rain deflectors like the instructions pictured. (In line with the mirror) But they sell deflectors that push into the window frame that I would have bought if I knew they were available at the time I got mine. Also they have a hood deflector that mounts with screws on the underside of the hood lip (Open the hood to access) but it's not flush, and the ends curve upwards. These are better bug deflectors, but I think a car wash would damage them, or anything else that came in contact with them. Just my thoughts.
Sponsored