First Name
Hack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 & 2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been buying light gray and sand colored vehicles since I returned to New Mexico 28 years ago. I think the Cactus Gray would be a nice change.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I happened to catch a cactus gray bronco sport headed in the opposite direction today - after seeing the an area 51 bronco sport on saturday, I 100% know I made the right choice going cactus!

It is overcast here, it was a little darker than I expected (but like), definitely a nice glossy flat finish, and no hint of green I have seen in some photos as well.

Even more excited!

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It is a gray with green undertones. Depending on the light it will show differently. They didn't have one on the lot when I went to look, but luckily one of the employees has a cactus green ranger and they let me go look at it. I was sold!

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This is the color that I have decided on as well. I can't wait.

Sponsored

sjJohnny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Bronco Black Diamond
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm going with Cactus Gray because lighter colors are cooler in the the sunny southwest and because of the Deep Dive Analysis from one of the bronco6g members who is in the color business (I'll post link below). It has no tints, it is pure gray, but your perception of it depends on light and the "local colors" it is viewed with --- it is a very interesting color. I like these light non-metallic grays. I had a '68 Volvo 122s that I used an old Mercedes paint color white gray ( https://www.mercedes-market.com/2018/10/17/mercedes-benz-color-code-158-g-white-grey-weiss-grau/ ) Loved it and got many compliments on the car.

Here is the Cactus Gray Deep Dive Color Analysis - he also talks about Area 51.

Cactus Gray Deep Dive Color Analysis and Comparison

Administrator

2.0L EcoBoost
Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

We just caught a production-ready Cactus Grey Ford Maverick on the streets, fitted with our first look at a Ford-branded bed cap. The cap shows signs of styling nuances specifically designed to work with the Maverick’s design (note how the cap’s rear side glass aligns perfectly with the black plastic trim that runs up the trucklet’s C-pillar.

The cap’s roof rises considerably over the Maverick’s roof line, allowing for more storage capacity. A Ford logo is seen on the rear corner of what effectively becomes the Maverick’s D-pillar, proving this to be a Ford-branded accessory, and not an aftermarket item.

Ford Maverick CACTUS GRAY Maverick Photos / Club ford-maverick-spied-with-bed-cap-topper-1

Ford Maverick CACTUS GRAY Maverick Photos / Club ford-maverick-spied-with-bed-cap-topper-2

Ford Maverick CACTUS GRAY Maverick Photos / Club ford-maverick-spied-with-bed-cap-topper-3

Ford Maverick CACTUS GRAY Maverick Photos / Club ford-maverick-spied-with-bed-cap-topper-4

Ford Maverick CACTUS GRAY Maverick Photos / Club ford-maverick-spied-with-bed-cap-topper-5

Ford Maverick CACTUS GRAY Maverick Photos / Club ford-maverick-spied-with-bed-cap-topper-6

Ford Maverick CACTUS GRAY Maverick Photos / Club ford-maverick-spied-with-bed-cap-topper-7

Ford Maverick CACTUS GRAY Maverick Photos / Club ford-maverick-spied-with-bed-cap-topper-8

Ford Maverick CACTUS GRAY Maverick Photos / Club ford-maverick-spied-with-bed-cap-topper-9

Ford Maverick CACTUS GRAY Maverick Photos / Club ford-maverick-spied-with-bed-cap-topper-10

Ford Maverick CACTUS GRAY Maverick Photos / Club ford-maverick-spied-with-bed-cap-topper-11

Ford Maverick CACTUS GRAY Maverick Photos / Club ford-maverick-spied-with-bed-cap-topper-12

Ford Maverick CACTUS GRAY Maverick Photos / Club ford-maverick-spied-with-bed-cap-topper-13

martyi48

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is the color I ordered. I must say, I don't think I have ever seen a color that looks so different in photos depending on lighting and angle the shot was taken. In these photos, I see a true, light grey while other pictures I've seen have a green hue. Others still even show a tint of blue to it. Although I have seen dozens of pictures, I still have no idea what it will look like when I get it but I know I like it. That doesn't seem to make sense since I can't even describe what I like!!

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is the color I ordered. I must say, I don't think I have ever seen a color that looks so different in photos depending on lighting and angle the shot was taken. In these photos, I see a true, light grey while other pictures I've seen have a green hue. Others still even show a tint of blue to it. Although I have seen dozens of pictures, I still have no idea what it will look like when I get it but I know I like it. That doesn't seem to make sense since I can't even describe what I like!!
You described the color perfectly. And I'm with you, I know I'll like my Cactus Gray XL when I see it in a few months.

TheBear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve been on the fence about color and was about 90% sure I wanted CG after seeing these pics with the topper but did some quick iPhone photoshop to solidify my decision - (I’m going with the FX4 so wanted to also see with the black wheels). Added a running board sticker similar to the FE, since I think the black and light gray contrast really well.
I’m sold on Cactus Gray now. Ordered on 6/23.
Ford Maverick CACTUS GRAY Maverick Photos / Club D5EA3803-2283-44C7-8B6B-2E8BA99303E9

Sponsored

sjJohnny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Bronco Black Diamond
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve been on the fence about color and was about 90% sure I wanted CG after seeing these pics with the topper but did some quick iPhone photoshop to solidify my decision - (I’m going with the FX4 so wanted to also see with the black wheels). Added a running board sticker similar to the FE, since I think the black and light gray contrast really well.
I’m sold on Cactus Gray now. Ordered on 6/23.
Ha! It's a great color. Not sure what I think of that topper... it looks like Ford was trying a little too hard to me... a little too swoopy for my tastes. But, depending on use, toppers are handy. I have one for my Tacoma, I do like it on, for camping and traveling, but off for loading yard waste, home depot projects, whatever. It's currently off. A 4 door with a short bed may be the perfect compromise to me.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ha! It's a great color. Not sure what I think of that topper... it looks like Ford was trying a little too hard to me... a little too swoopy for my tastes. But, depending on use, toppers are handy. I have one for my Tacoma, I do like it on, for camping and traveling, but off for loading yard waste, home depot projects, whatever. It's currently off. A 4 door with a short bed may be the perfect compromise to me.
I think I could like the topper...if i were an all black finish. After seeing a few of the bronco sports with the tint+blacked out roof, it might be a pretty sweet look.

OP
OP
The One

The One

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2015 Mustang Ecoboost converti
Engine