PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 VBlue & XLT hybrid A51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A lot of folks ordering the cactus gray. Looks nice, in pictures it is hard to tell. To me it has a slight green tint. Other people are commenting that it doesn't when seen in person.

76Courier

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

IMO You will drive yourself crazy looking at photos of Cactus Grey because everybody's camera captures the color differently and everybody's eyes view it differently. I have seen the color twice in person, once on a Bronco Sport and once on a 4dr full size Bronco. The Bronco Sport was indoors and I don't think the color on this photo of mine is accurate. It was not that minty. The full size Bronco was outdoors and I think this pic is more accurate. I really like the color and actually think Cactus Grey will look best on the Maverick. My advice would be to see it in person if you can.

Ford Maverick CACTUS GRAY Maverick Photos / Club IMG_3610.JPG
Ford Maverick CACTUS GRAY Maverick Photos / Club IMG_4800.JPG

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went to 2 dealers on Sunday to try and find the colors I'm interested in - of course their online inventory didn't match the lot (neither had any cactus gray, area 51 or orange crush!).

As much as I think orange would be fun, it cost $ and is too unique for me (I did happen to see a bronco sport on the road in orange, it did look good!). Area 51 - I like it when it is darker in photos, but the press shots and the release video with it have put me off.

It will definitely have to be cactus for me - I love the flat gray look, and don't mind the slight green hue at all - super excited to get this!

Sponsored

OP
OP
The One

The One

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2015 Mustang Ecoboost converti
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A lot of folks ordering the cactus gray. Looks nice, in pictures it is hard to tell. To me it has a slight green tint. Other people are commenting that it doesn't when seen in person.
I saw Cactus Gray on a 2021 Ranger and fell in love with it. It has no green tent to it like you see in a lot of pics of it, it's all gray.

hownowbrowncow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
IMO You will drive yourself crazy looking at photos of Cactus Grey because everybody's camera captures the color differently and everybody's eyes view it differently. I have seen the color twice in person, once on a Bronco Sport and once on a 4dr full size Bronco. The Bronco Sport was indoors and I don't think the color on this photo of mine is accurate. It was not that minty. The full size Bronco was outdoors and I think this pic is more accurate. I really like the color and actually think Cactus Grey will look best on the Maverick. My advice would be to see it in person if you can.

IMG_3610.JPG
IMG_4800.JPG
These pics just made me so much more confident in picking Cactus Grey for my order. I love the "putty" look of it. Thanks!

OP
OP
The One

The One

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2015 Mustang Ecoboost converti
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick CACTUS GRAY Maverick Photos / Club 2022Maverick11

Sponsored

martyi48

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This will be my selection although I have never seen this color in person. The pictures may all contain a bit of a different tint, still show a rather unique and attractive color. As I've said here in other threads, I'm just getting sick of seeing nothing but black, white, red and silver trucks on the highways.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a Cactus Gray XL last week without seeing a vehicle in person. I saw various tints of gray, green, or blue on the internet. My dealer had a full size page in his Ford notebook with all the colors. I like it because it's different. I feel sure I will like it when I finally see my little truck in person this fall.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went with Cactus Gray, I expect I am going to love it! I am a big fan of any mid to light flat gray look. If it has a little green tint like it shows in some photos that is ok in my book too. From what I've read of those who have seen it, the green sounds to be more of a light/white balance issue with photos and that it isn't that strong in person.

I initially really liked area 51 as well...it looked darker than it is in real life in the renderings and real world photos. I ordered my cactus gray on Thursday...happened to catch a bronco sport area 51 yesterday while I was out - Area 51 looks really good with a larger amount of offsetting black (the sport had the black roof, lots of other black!), but I think it would be just a little too much on the Maverick - I'm really excited for Cactus!

hondabuster

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav hybrid ,tacoma
When I ordered mine, they had a mustang with the fighter jet grey turns out its the same as cactus grey. In sunlight its grey, no question. In the shade its got a slight blue tint.
But I agree, in internet photos it appears to have a green tint

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
When I ordered mine, they had a mustang with the fighter jet grey turns out its the same as cactus grey. In sunlight its grey, no question. In the shade its got a slight blue tint.
But I agree, in internet photos it appears to have a green tint
Funny enough in the sun to me it looked ALMOST beige, but at times it looks like cement grey
Sponsored