Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I was going to keep my 18 RAV4 hybrid and ordered Maverick XLT AWD Lux w/ CP360 in September. Thinking now that Ford screwed up that plan, so instead I’ll trade the RAV4 in on a new Ridgeline and flip my Ford Maverick to a base XL hybrid. I’ll have the truck I want and the hybrid mini truck for the gas mileage. Sad Ford ruined this experience for me, but I’ll save over $10 grand on the Maverick and make up some of the extra money for the Ridgeline.
Sponsored

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey hey hey! No Maverick or Ford smack talk here! /s

Congrats on the Ridgeline! I was looking at those before the Maverick. I was lucky enough to find my XLT Ecoboost and am glad I didnt have to worry about the order process. Im pretty sure my order would of became 2023. I'm moving soon to the City and might be trading in my Mav and getting a subie (Love my girlfriends crosstrek).

Also XL Hybrid is definetly a good choice, the hybrid's mpg is fantastic. I am interested in a Hybrid AWD if it ever comes out.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
I was going to keep my 18 RAV4 hybrid and ordered Maverick XLT AWD Lux w/ CP360 in September. Thinking now that Ford screwed up that plan, so instead I’ll trade the RAV4 in on a new Ridgeline and flip my Ford Maverick to a base XL hybrid. I’ll have the truck I want and the hybrid mini truck for the gas mileage. Sad Ford ruined this experience for me, but I’ll save over $10 grand on the Maverick and make up some of the extra money for the Ridgeline.
Cool story bro......

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ridgeline is a good truck just to expensive. They should start 10k less….

Sponsored

iwantmymav

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Equally ugly as the Maverick.

yakefu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I used to be a 2008 Ridgeline owner. It's a very nice truck. But I don't like the 2nd gen outlook and the smaller size.

MDmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Ridgeline was always on my radar since the first gen. It appeals to me because I do not need towing and like the idea of a daily comfortable ride. My only problem with Ridgeline is the gas mileage is really not much better that on some full size trucks and the 3.5l engine has / had a timing belt that will need to be changed at 100K. I had an Acura MDX which was an exceptional vehicle . However it was gas hog around town and needed a timing belt change around 100k. Unless Honda changed the design, I feel that this is an unnecessary design flaw. For reference, Toyota’s ubiquitous 3.5 L engine has a chain.

I also like the base Santa Cruz but am put off by the fuel mileage .

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I used to be a 2008 Ridgeline owner. It's a very nice truck. But I don't like the 2nd gen outlook and the smaller size.
Agree - Old Ridge was nice. Gen/2 looks like a civic - I do like the two function tailgate but just not into the boring interior, added length and such - Maverick is really designed and styled nicely.

OP
OP

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The Ridgeline was always on my radar since the first gen. It appeals to me because I do not need towing and like the idea of a daily comfortable ride. My only problem with Ridgeline is the gas mileage is really not much better that on some full size trucks and the 3.5l engine has / had a timing belt that will need to be changed at 100K. I had an Acura MDX which was an exceptional vehicle . However it was gas hog around town and needed a timing belt change around 100k. Unless Honda changed the design, I feel that this is an unnecessary design flaw. For reference, Toyota’s ubiquitous 3.5 L engine has a chain.

I would buy a Santa Cruz except I’m not paying those whores anything above MSRP. I absolutely refuse.

Sponsored

MDmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would buy a Santa Cruz except I’m not paying those whores anything above MSRP. I absolutely refuse.
That made me laugh. So true. My preference is the base engine and conventional 8 speed automatic. ( mainly due to reliability issues with the dual clutch). Also the interior of the lower trims have actual buttons and not a full capacitive touch setup.

Hyundai/Kia are making great appealing vehicles. Their respective dealer network operates however is not great

DarkStormy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Wife and I walked past a new Santa Cruz last night, It just does not look like a truck to me, even the wife thought it looked like they chopped the top off an SUV, too ugly, too expensive, bad MPG IMHO.
I'm currently getting about 50MPG in my Maverick, commuting to work.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The J-series V6 in the Ridgeline does still use a belt, I believe. But it's that belt that gives that engine it's unique smoothness, as well. How many 100K intervals are you going to own the thing? $1,200 every 7/100k is not that unreasonable.

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Would have definitely preferred to give my money to Honda or Hyundai, but they couldn't match Ford on pricepoint and overall cost of ownership (fuel efficiency, timing belt, etc)...and the Santa Cruz is hideous.
Sponsored