Sponsored

Buy outright or max out the 3 year, 0% from Ford?

Enchalada

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Is there a 0% financing option? I only see a 5% from Ford on the website.
Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is there a 0% financing option? I only see a 5% from Ford on the website.
As has been pointed out before, whatever promotional incentive rates were available when you ordered (e.g. 0%) will be available to you when your Maverick finally arrives, even if they're no longer advertised. The incentive rates are locked in at the time of order, so you can still get that. But any new orders or buyers off the lot would not be able to get those rates.

Enchalada

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

As has been pointed out before, whatever promotional incentive rates were available when you ordered (e.g. 0%) will be available to you when your Maverick finally arrives, even if they're no longer advertised. The incentive rates are locked in at the time of order, so you can still get that. But any new orders or buyers off the lot would not be able to get those rates.
Ahh I see. Thx.

baldboy

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 8/3 ordered OW XLT Hybrid Lux Mooned Maverick should be arriving to my dealer soon. I'm interested in opinions as to weather to pay cash or have 3 years of higher monthly payments at 0% interest of say five to six hundred per month. At those monthly payments I'll need to layout only 10k or so at time of sale. I'm thinking that IF my vehicle turns into a lemon I wouldn't have laid out too big a chunk for it. What do ya think?
Believe me your vehicle won't be a lemon,it is very reliable and economical and dependable you will be very pleased with it i know i have a hybrid and you will love passing those gas stations and streching that dollar,ride that free money!

Sponsored

ProfBaldie

First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback 2013 & 2020
My hybrid XL with taxes and fees out the door was just under $25K. Dropped about $11k down, charged $2.5K on my Ford CC (maximum allowed by dealer), and financed a little more than $11K for 36 months at 0%. Payment is manageable. Love the truck! Getting about 40 mpg with mixed driving. It has also taught me how to better drive my Subarus, and hence, better gas mileage on those cars too. Lots of inquiries around the DMV -- "how did you snag it" -- is the common refrain (I ordered late July, and waited patiently). I had not seen another Maverick since I got mine at the end of last year. Only saw one in the "truck freedom caravan" today. Oh well ... go figure.

INFJBax

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota RAV4 hybrid
My 8/3 ordered OW XLT Hybrid Lux Mooned Maverick should be arriving to my dealer soon. I'm interested in opinions as to weather to pay cash or have 3 years of higher monthly payments at 0% interest of say five to six hundred per month. At those monthly payments I'll need to layout only 10k or so at time of sale. I'm thinking that IF my vehicle turns into a lemon I wouldn't have laid out too big a chunk for it. What do ya think?
Use OPM's for 0% is a no brainer😳

sunismymed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 xl
Engine
Undecided
Today there are cryptocurrencies. Not too long ago, as far as post bronze age currencies go, there where Tulips in Europe.

Read about "Tulipmania" before you leap.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania
https://wiki.mises.org/wiki/Tulipmania

A classic in the world of finance is "Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds":
Madness of Crowds

To be sure, many have made money in crypto. So have some with baseball cards, until they tried to cash out. But crypto may be much more legit. The US Dollar is under extreme pressures. But if your crypto goes belly up, who are you going to complain to? What court of law will give you recourse if the web site, based who knows where, that sold you the crypto disappears?

Obviously, I'm not a crypto promoter. Yet I am a fiat currency skeptic. There is silver and gold. Don't buy diamonds, I think the market is being carefully flooded with artificial ones. Four decades worth of growing silicon crystals with defects orders of magnitude less than carbon crystals (diamonds) must have produced some cross over tricks.

Caveat Emptor

Sponsored
OP
OP
RustyF150

RustyF150

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Grand Marquis, '69 Chevelle SS L-78 Conv.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Im in the same position. You have to have them pull the “smart Vincent” to get 0 percent. Any price increases and current promotions will not be applicable if we go with the 0 percent from when we ordered it.

Im going with 0 percent and putting $25k in a separate brokerage account under tickers SPY and QQQ. I will have $600 sold monthly and pay the car automatically. Markets have been falling and I predict a little bit more downside. Might put the money in before the truck gets here.
I put 10k down and financing the rest for 36 months 0%.
That's what I'm thinkin of doin.
Crypto, apr, liens, meh. I just wrote a check. I'm happy that is an option for me.
Today there are cryptocurrencies. Not too long ago, as far as post bronze age currencies go, there where Tulips in Europe.

Read about "Tulipmania" before you leap.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania
https://wiki.mises.org/wiki/Tulipmania

A classic in the world of finance is "Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds":
Madness of Crowds

To be sure, many have made money in crypto. So have some with baseball cards, until they tried to cash out. But crypto may be much more legit. The US Dollar is under extreme pressures. But if your crypto goes belly up, who are you going to complain to? What court of law will give you recourse if the web site, based who knows where, that sold you the crypto disappears?

Obviously, I'm not a crypto promoter. Yet I am a fiat currency skeptic. There is silver and gold. Don't buy diamonds, I think the market is being carefully flooded with artificial ones. Four decades worth of growing silicon crystals with defects orders of magnitude less than carbon crystals (diamonds) must have produced some cross over tricks.

Caveat Emptor
Aurum et argentum.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you even read what I wrote? ... Not in my case, the interest rate is lower. ... The HELOC in my situation is extremely beneficial and will work excellent for my wife and I.
I've seen these arguments before (except for the cryptocurrency one, which I assume comes with Ginsu Knives) and don't want to get into them again.

But I have to ask... How are you getting a rate on your HELOC that is lower than 0%?

That would be "extremely beneficial," but it also seems extremely improbable.

Last edited:

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Did you even read what I wrote?

Not in my case, the interest rate is lower. IF your house is paid for, you may not want to go this way. Every situation and calculation are different. The HELOC in my situation is extremely beneficial and will work excellent for my wife and I. There are multiple ways in which HELOC can be setup like taking out what you want your payment to be or if you are disapplined pay your 200 every 2 weeks for 5 years or whatever you want to pay. Way out your options and don't just take one person's word for it. It's NOT a terrible idea, it worked for me in the past and it will work for me now period.
There is a lien on your home. If you do not pay that debt back, they can foreclose on your home. You are using your home as collateral instead of the Maverick. Regardless of how much you currently owe on your home, whatever amount you take out of the HELOC to buy the Maverick is going to be secured by the home.

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Who is that dumb not to pay for the HELOC? Using the HELOC works for my wife and I the way we have it setup.
I have worked in the lending industry for over a decade. Nobody doesn't just chose to not pay their bills. A lot of people used their homes as ATM machines and then the economy crashed and suddenly they were upside down in their home and couldn't afford the payment. Another pandemic could hit and the principal bread winner dies and suddenly the house payment is unaffordable.
Sponsored