Realtruck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Hey Maverick Truck CLub!
I hope everyone has had a great holiday season and a good start to the new year!
One of the things we try to bring to the table in these forums is exclusive discounts to members to show our appreciation, and while that is not going to be changing, there is unfortunately going to be a price increase coming the first week of February.
I bring this up because I know some of you have been on the fence lately about purchasing, and now is the best time to do so before our prices must be adjusted. While I cannot speak on other brands that are not under the RealTruck umbrella, I can say for certain that most of our brands (that can be found here) will be affected by this and we want to be sure you have ample time before the increase.

We look forward to working with existing members and members to come this 2023 year!​
Sponsored

MM Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Luxury w/CP360 + CP360A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@Realtruck I'm interested in a tonneau cover, but don't have a truck yet and no idea if or when I will have my truck. What is your return policy?

MinntoMich

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S10, Renegade, Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey Maverick Truck CLub!

there is unfortunately going to be a price increase coming the first week of February.
I bring this up because I know some of you have been on the fence lately about purchasing, and now is the best time to do so before our prices must be adjusted.​
Is the increase transitory?

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Someone is needed in the middle of the chain to say no to the increases. Then the guy on each side of him says no, and so on. In the last few months raw materials cost have decreased quite a bit. I'm calling BS on all this "Inflation"

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cost of goods aren't reflective of material costs now. They are reflective of prices 6 months to a year ago. They also rarely roll backwards even if material costs drop.

Sponsored

MinntoMich

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S10, Renegade, Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Someone is needed in the middle of the chain to say no to the increases. Then the guy on each side of him says no, and so on. In the last few months raw materials cost have decreased quite a bit. I'm calling BS on all this "Inflation"
They've found a new high which people are willing to pay, from the pump to the bread asile, ironically both of which aren't actually figured into inflation.

The new high is the new norm.

Have you ever noticed this about the Federal Reserve? A regional governor will make a remark about how intrest rates have gone as high as they should and Wall Street and Main Street should both look for smaller rate hikes in the future and then a few days to about a week later Chairman Powell or someone else will say the exact opposite?

I can tell you where I think the problem resides and its not too hot of a job market.

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The biggest problem as I stated is just saying no. Not even the consumer can say no. F'ing FOMO ! But then again I don't waste thousands buying one off accessories, made in small quantities. I felt bad buying a hard tonneau cover, a grand is a lot of money for 3 aluminum panels that fold up.. Needed a trunk though. I talked my dealer down $150 from $1160. If enough people say no occasionally it will start to trickle down.

Americans no longer shop, they just consume.

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They've found a new high which people are willing to pay, from the pump to the bread asile, ironically both of which aren't actually figured into inflation.

The new high is the new norm.

I can tell you where I think the problem resides and its not too hot of a job market.
Now lets see. In the past week I have purchased A loaf of brand name bread for a dollar. I paid $2.45 for gas this past week. Obtained really big nice apple fritters for a $1.34. 85% percent ground beef for $2.88 a lb, Lay's party sized chips for $2.49, Real butter for $2.99 a lb, Minute maid OJ for $2.99 for a large carton. Deli ham for $1.99 lb. These are examples of shopping and not just consuming.

Even the artisan baked in store bread has come down $2 a loaf. People are shopping these days. So when people need something to wipe up the BS, toilet paper mega rolls were available for 85¢ for the good brands. When I notice the reach and grab folks, then later see them getting into a POS vehicle, I just shake my head.

raymaines

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought a Real Truck BakFlip MX4 Tonneau cover during the Black Friday sale and love it. It's worth pretty much anything you have to pay for it, but cheaper is always better. If you're thinking you might want a tri-fold hardcover any time soon, this might be the time to dig out the credit card and make it happen.

MinntoMich

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S10, Renegade, Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now lets see. In the past week I have purchased A loaf of brand name bread for a dollar. I paid $2.45 for gas this past week. Obtained really big nice apple fritters for a $1.34. 85% percent ground beef for $2.88 a lb, Lay's party sized chips for $2.49, Real butter for $2.99 a lb, Minute maid OJ for $2.99 for a large carton. Deli ham for $1.99 lb. These are examples of shopping and not just consuming.

Even the artisan baked in store bread has come down $2 a loaf. People are shopping these days. So when people need something to wipe up the BS, toilet paper mega rolls were available for 85¢ for the good brands. When I notice the reach and grab folks, then later see them getting into a POS vehicle, I just shake my head.
Good for you and where do you shop? I pay just shy of $5 for a dozen eggs, $7.99 for a 12 pack of RC or Coke, $4 to 5 per pound for economy pack 80% ground beef, bread (Village Hearth) for $4.39+ per loaf and a four pack of bath tissue for more than $5 (Scott, lasts way longer). Gasoline is at $3.20 for a gallon and rising. Land O Frost ham is $6.99 per pound. I think your prices are unbelievably low.

These prices are current as of my local supermarket (Family Fare) as of last Tuesday.

I drive a POS. My scenario is real.

Last edited:
Sponsored

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The ad line, "Buy before inflation results in some people buying it before "it is too late" and thus contributes to continued inflation. Want to help reduce inflation: Unless an item is necessary, don't buy it; otherwise stop complaining.

Please do not whine that a 12 pack of coke costs $7.99 and eggs are 4.99. The coke has no real nutritional value. Actually, the egg at 40 cents is also a whole lot better than a $1.69 candy bar. We all make choices, and anything we buy is demand in the supply and demand equation.

Last edited:

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
These are from one ad that ran 4 days. yes food is less expensive in the great midwest. We are known as flyover country we just let the high prices fly over also.

MinntoMich

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S10, Renegade, Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The ad line, "Buy before inflation results in some people buying it before "it is too late" and thus contributes to continued inflation. What to reduce inflation: Unless an item is necessary, don't buy it; otherwise stop complaining.

Please do not whine that a 12 pack of coke costs $7.99 and eggs are 4.99. The coke has no real nutritional value. Actually, the egg at 40 cents is also a whole lot better than a $1.69 candy bar. We all make choices, and anything we buy is demand in the supply and demand equation.

It is what it is.

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Cost of living for an employee affects how much the company needs to pay them. Across the entire country prices have risen pretty sharply- the Army adjusts pay every year due to true inflation- cost indexes of lots of things- and the January 2023 was the hugest jump in decades.

MinntoMich

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S10, Renegade, Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
cost indexes of lots of things- and the January 2023 was the hugest jump in decades.
2021 was on par with 1977 and 2022 is -1.2% less than 1979. If the past increases are any prediction of future spikes 2023, 24' and 25' should be substantial. Let's hope its not.
Sponsored