First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd heard about this but didn't realize it was going on in my own backyard. Here is a Cactus Gray XLT hybrid for sale on Facebook Marketplace with 3400 miles. It's exactly what I'm looking for except the guy feels it's okay to mark up a used vehicle a good $10,000 over what he probably paid for it. I'm sure getting tired of waiting for mine but I'm not going to pay that kind of premium for a used vehicle. I'll keep waiting thanks.
Ford Maverick Buy 'em, flip 'em, make $$$$ Screenshot_20220813-162658
Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
His to do with as he pleases. This is not just him, it's everyone.

OP
OP
CACTI_HYBRID

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sure, he can ask whatever he wants, and I'm sure some sucker will pay it. I'm just not that guy. The main attraction to me of the Maverick is the affordable price. When it stops being that, it's no longer attractive.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Still on the market... Maybe it's not as easy as it was.

Sponsored

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s already been marked down from $39,900. Wait it out, it’ll keep coming down. Or some idiot will buy it. Who knows.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you have money buy one with not left on the loan.. sure you can make some money. It will come down more. Wait them out.

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can hear the clock ticking on the speculators!
Only two on Facebook near me! Both at the same dealership, One listed 11 weeks ago, and one listed 20 weeks ago. Both are still "stupid" priced.
I don't see any private listings within 100 miles of Green Bay Wisconsin, FWIW.

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sure, he can ask whatever he wants, and I'm sure some sucker will pay it. I'm just not that guy. The main attraction to me of the Maverick is the affordable price. When it stops being that, it's no longer attractive.
They’re still relatively rare, so more desirable than readily available vehicles. For certain types of buyers, that scarcity merits a premium. Like a limited production luxury car. We’ve all seen the used XL’s priced near $50k. That really makes me feel like I got a bargain (except for my asshole dealer).

Sponsored

Midwest Jim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline CRV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Everyone has their own threshold for what they would pay over MSRP or KBB. No one is forcing anyone to buy a truck they think is too high priced. I wouldn't pay an additional dealer mark up but I might pay above KBB for a pristine used car, especially if there were supply issues. What if someone stopped you and offered $15k over sticker? How about $20k? The beauty of a free market is you can participate, or not.

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A factory new XLT hybrid has a net price of $24,855. Regardless of the asking price or what it ends up selling for, that thing is worth about $22,370 (net price minus 10%) in used condition, maybe more if it has optional equipment.

I know that new vehicles of any kind are rarer than hen's teeth right now, but unless someone really needs a vehicle today and can't wait, then it is not really worth paying this guy's asking price.

Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If no one buys it at that price or won't be sold. No reason to be angry or upset about it. If someone wants it for that price then that's what it's worth to them.

Called free market.

CSSMAVO

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Meanwhile I was offered 31k, for an XLT FX4 LUX 360 with 750 miles on it.

CSSMAVO

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
I can hear the clock ticking on the speculators!
Only two on Facebook near me! Both at the same dealership, One listed 11 weeks ago, and one listed 20 weeks ago. Both are still "stupid" priced.
I don't see any private listings within 100 miles of Green Bay Wisconsin, FWIW.
In Northern VA, there are so many used Mavericks on the market. My Local ford dealer has 6 new ones and a used one on his lot. Within 100 miles there are 36 used mavericks in my area. Everyone is buying and flipping them, and then just ordering them again. It's insane. I flipped my Bronco Black Diamond in April and I am about to flip my Maverick. They are not worth much, and I am getting rid of it, before the market plummets. My offers have been steadily declining, time to get out now.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.