David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder what this exhaust will add 4 efficiency
This exhaust design and muffler will flow more than this truck will likely ever produce. This same basic design with two mufflers in place on my EVO ran a 9.04 at 159.64 mph in the 1/4. This eliminates all back pressure in the catback at this point on the truck.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
UPDATING

I've been asked multiple times and have responded but now realize my answers aren't going to work......

Will we offer a way to delete the secondary cat. The answer is no, not with the catback.

We are working on my truck this morning again and trying to come up with a good way to add an additional resonator in place of the secondary cat, there isn't one. It will require welding on the end users part, at that point you may as well pick whatever you want and just have it welded in.

What we have decided is the next component we make will be the downpipe which will go all the way to our catback and from what I've seen everyone else's too. Everyone is requiring cutting of the stock system to install a new catback. So we are going to just make the downpipe one piece all the way to the 3" catback. The downpipe will come with a highflow cat and the option for an additional resonator.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Link to video showing the production exhaust system.

Link to sound clip of truck idling/rev'ing

Video of WOT pull inside the truck with the exhaust

More w/Les

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav, CB500X
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just searched and can't find the answers, I thought I got them from Amazon. They are actually drag bags for an older small car, like a Mustang II if I remember right. I can't find where I bought them, we were going to offer them but couldn't find anyway to buy them to make a nickel.

I added them for towing, stability and to keep the ass from squatting. I built an overloading trailer to use with this truck that comes in around 3,000# and the truck squats, which I hate. With just 15 pounds of air in the bags it rides dead level.

If I find what they are I'll answer back with the company and part number.
David, would really appreciate some info on these bags. Have developed a package to load my motorcycle in the bed of the Maverick, but feel the need for some additional load support.
You might want to check out this Forum thread to see the hardware:
motorcycle rear tire helper <https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...cycle-rear-tire-helper.1904/#convMessage-8804>
Hardware was developed for a 2017 Honda Ridgeline, and during the period of ownership, successfully carried a bike weighing about 500 pounds for over 10K miles, and never found a suitable solution for this problem for the Honda.
Thank you for your assistance.

Sponsored

Redalert71

First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Here it is folks! Our production 3" exhaust for the Maverick AWD.

The exhaust is built completely from 304 grade stainless steel, 100% mandrel bent, even the hangers are 304 stainless. This system will outlast the truck.

The system is substantially lighter than stock, uses the factory hangers and has more ground clearance than the smaller diameter factory exhaust.

This system will require you cut the factory exhaust behind the secondary catalytic converter and this then slides on and is clamped. Leaving the factory secondary cat in place makes this a NO DRONE exhaust, the tone/sound has been posted already in some of my other threads but it's really perfect if you don't like something overly loud.

The first picture is the factory exhaust on the truck for comparison to our 3", as you can see, we have substantially more ground clearance.

We decided not to copy the factory "tip" and have extended ours just slightly to keep the exhaust from being discharged directly under the truck bed.

Also a picture of the fixture to weld these up to make sure every system leaves here with perfect fitment.

The bender now has the approval to bend the rest of our order. They are bending just 3" for the next 6 weeks straight, so they are very busy. It could be up to 6 weeks before we have them here.

Pricing is going to come in at $779.

123_1.jpeg
IMG_0585.jpg
IMG_0586.jpg
IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

123_1.jpeg

Videos showing the production exhaust system.

Link to sound clip of truck idling/rev'ing

Video of WOT pull inside the truck with the exhaust

Oh wow as soon as mine comes in I'm buying it

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
UPDATING

I've been asked multiple times and have responded but now realize my answers aren't going to work......

Will we offer a way to delete the secondary cat. The answer is no, not with the catback.

We are working on my truck this morning again and trying to come up with a good way to add an additional resonator in place of the secondary cat, there isn't one. It will require welding on the end users part, at that point you may as well pick whatever you want and just have it welded in.

What we have decided is the next component we make will be the downpipe which will go all the way to our catback and from what I've seen everyone else's too. Everyone is requiring cutting of the stock system to install a new catback. So we are going to just make the downpipe one piece all the way to the 3" catback. The downpipe will come with a highflow cat and the option for an additional resonator.
Will the aftermarket downpipe you make bolt to the stock exhaust?

BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
David, would really appreciate some info on these bags. Have developed a package to load my motorcycle in the bed of the Maverick, but feel the need for some additional load support.
You might want to check out this Forum thread to see the hardware:
motorcycle rear tire helper <https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...cycle-rear-tire-helper.1904/#convMessage-8804>
Hardware was developed for a 2017 Honda Ridgeline, and during the period of ownership, successfully carried a bike weighing about 500 pounds for over 10K miles, and never found a suitable solution for this problem for the Honda.
Thank you for your assistance.
https://www.airliftcompany.com/products/air-springs/air-lift-1000/

Call this company and give them the dimensions on your coil spring. I have it installed in my van. Works great. Lifetime warranty.

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow it's sounds great for a 4 cyl, definitely more throaty than the Honda civics with exhaust systems around here :) The Maverick Ecoboost engine sounds like a lawnmower normally so this is an improvement :)

Sponsored

BlackhawkBen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Looks great, sounds even better. Have you got any dyno numbers or planning to get to show HP improvement?

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Love the design and look. Not sure if I like the sound from that particular muffler. Will there be any options for a different muffler? Great work on the design👍
Probably not.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Will the aftermarket downpipe you make bolt to the stock exhaust?
No, I don't see any reason to do that at all. The stock exhaust is the largest restriction in the system, changing that first is the best choice. Our downpipes will be full 3" and slide onto our cat back.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks great, sounds even better. Have you got any dyno numbers or planning to get to show HP improvement?
We own a dyno and have dyne's the truck before after, however because of the stock exhaust needing to be cut it's impossible to do it as a good controlled test, same day, not unstrapping the truck etc. The truck is very limiting by the ECU, any time the truck makes more power, to a point anyway, the throttle is closed by the ECU to limit that power. So finding gains is tough from hard parts with the ECU constantly trying to keep the torque limited. The tuning unlocks this.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.