First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not trying to be rude. But there isn’t always a huge fan to cool intake charge. Perfect example would be a car stopped at a light. A fair comparison would be no fan between runs to simulate those conditions. Even better, limit how much air you push with the fan. Air flow is minimal at low speeds. Stop and go after some hard pulls will definitely cause the ECU to pull timing. Engine bay heat robs power.
You missed the point....... the fan was there to HELP the stock air box work, it was providing air flow to the front of the truck with the hood closed, so the stock box had a benefit over the intake we built and tested. Let me do the testing, I've been doing it for 32 years, this isn't my first or last rodeo.
Sponsored

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You missed the point....... the fan was there to HELP the stock air box work, it was providing air flow to the front of the truck with the hood closed, so the stock box had a benefit over the intake we built and tested. Let me do the testing, I've been doing it for 32 years, this isn't my first or last rodeo.
You have much patience friend. Much much.

this is a HUGE gain! What do you believe the restriction was? The tube? Or the filter itself?

Last edited:

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't sell products but I do buy quality items that have been tested by companies that produced products were made for the Focus ST that uses the exact same 2.0L EB, so yes I know about what works and does'nt.
Are you saying this doesn’t work? Ffs, he provided dyno results WITH the afr’s.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You have much patience friend. Much much.

this is a HUGH gain! What do you believe the restriction was? The tube? Or the filter itself?
The intake tract from the factory is long and small, the filter is just a typical low flow paper filter, so a little bit of all of it.

As far as patience goes......I'm back spacing a lot! hahahaha

Sponsored

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't sell products but I do buy quality items that have been tested by companies that produced products were made for the Focus ST that uses the exact same 2.0L EB, so yes I know about what works and does'nt.
Just so you know, we were one of the first companies to build parts for that platform too, I bought the first one I could find, developed parts and sold the car.

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, dodge eco-diesel
Just so you know, we were one of the first companies to build parts for that platform too, I bought the first one I could find, developed parts and sold the car.
I have 2 questions what's the shipping charge to sw Florida? And will you try to fabricate ducting and box down the road? Honestly think intercooler setups better idea than the ductwork but what do I know I'm not an engine builder lol

DrDoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HPR XLT and Cyber Orange XLT 2022 Ford Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you saying this doesn’t work? Ffs, he provided dyno results WITH the afr’s.
I'm saying there are much better products out there and alot cheaper in some respects, Do your homework before you start adding or removing parts. Some things can void your warranty.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have 2 questions what's the shipping charge to sw Florida? And will you try to fabricate ducting and box down the road? Honestly think intercooler setups better idea than the ductwork but what do I know I'm not an engine builder lol
Shipping to Florida is about $18. I looked for a decent way to actually locate the filter outside the engine bay and there is no easy/good option. When we have good data logging abilities for the truck we will try that cheesy factory "snorkel" part of the box to route some to the filter we've added and see if it aids in bringing in any cooler air. The reality is, this works, even in a terrible situation of being on a dyno with the hood closed.

I could see getting some flack had I dyno'd with the hood open, that would have been cheating, closing it ensured it was in it's worst conditions and it still had nice gains.

Sponsored

villageidiot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many many in the past, none currently
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
in California unless it is CARB compliant with a sticker and number, it will not smog and no license renewal. Wonder if this will have CARB approval? Might cost more if it did. I'm leaving my Maverick engine bay alone for awhile.
wont have to worry about it in CA for 8 years when you have to smog the car.

but yes, CARB approval required for CA unless for competition use only.

me personally, I know KN filters flow more, but I don’t like that they don’t filter as well as a stock paper filter. I’ll run em on my race stuff, but not my daily.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Look I have no dog in this fight as a Hybrid orderer but I'm kinda tiring of Buscher spamming the boards as some sort of higher authority. He uses terms like "horrible" and "terrible" and generally shits on Ford engineering while he's out here advertising "OIl Separators. DONE!!!" while the pictures show some half ass baked product with a bead my 7 year old could crank out.

I just hope all you EB owners and orderers aren't sitting here fawning over what this guy is doing. Every single factory turbo since the beginning of factory turbos have left LOTS of power on the table in the name of engine longevity and durability. There are LOTS of parts in the drivetrain not meant to handle the power these engines are capable of.

What he's shown in this thread can be accomplished for about $100 with a K&N filter and piping.

Again, ymmv - but kinda tiring of BUSCHUR DOES THIS!!!! BUSCHUR OVERSELLING THAT!!!!

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Look I have no dog in this fight as a Hybrid orderer but I'm kinda tiring of Buscher spamming the boards as some sort of higher authority. He uses terms like "horrible" and "terrible" and generally shits on Ford engineering while he's out here advertising "OIl Separators. DONE!!!" while the pictures show some half ass baked product with a bead my 7 year old could crank out.

I just hope all you EB owners and orderers aren't sitting here fawning over what this guy is doing. Every single factory turbo since the beginning of factory turbos have left LOTS of power on the table in the name of engine longevity and durability. There are LOTS of parts in the drivetrain not meant to handle the power these engines are capable of.

What he's shown in this thread can be accomplished for about $100 with a K&N filter and piping.

Again, ymmv - but kinda tiring of BUSCHUR DOES THIS!!!! BUSCHUR OVERSELLING THAT!!!!
What are you really mad about? That a businessman is trying to sell his products? That they aren’t made from forged carbon? Or maybe that you didn’t think of it?
If it was Cobb would you say the same thing? Ams? Underground performance? I really don’t understand the flak people are giving for a tuner tuning and showing the world.
I look forward to what everyone else comes up with, and the proof to back their claims up.

phobiarg

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking under the hood of my 2.0 Maverick do you think there'd be a way to get piping and a filter into the driver side front fender? There appears to be a ton of room in there and theres the faux vent there that might be able to be replaced with a vented version to allow for cooler IAT. The openings seem a bit small but even if theres a small step down and back up shouldn't affect airflow too badly.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.