First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So the "whoosh" of the turbo is increased/ more noticeable? Is it minimal or quite a bit since my wife will not like it to be too noticeable?

Last edited:

Dudley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ha!! I've never had a turbo before so I had no idea I'd hear a WOOSH after installing the intake. I was so concerned with the noise I made a sound clip and sent it to Dave. He said that's the turbo and to enjoy the noises. I do now!
So the "whoosh" of the turbo is increased/more noticeable? Is it minimal or quite a bit since my wife will not like it to be too noticeable?

Deleted member 6544

So the "whoosh" of the turbo is increased/more noticeable? Is it minimal or quite a bit since my wife will not like it to be too noticeable?
Yes it is but It's relative. I installed the intake and noticed it. But I don't mind it and I don't have a wife to appease. It isn't like you're putting on open headers. Seriously you can only hear if you're getting into the throttle.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

Sponsored
OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
love it, this truck makes some nice intake / turbo noise. simply and easy install.
Awesome, glad you like it. Easy mod with mpg and HP gains, we've sold over 150 of them now and everyone seems happy.

Uber_Doom1

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VB EB AWD FX4 & CG BS OBX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got mine on today after buying it months ago. Unbelievable noises.

I did put another company's exhaust on earlier in the week but this intake makes it so much better.

Loved it before. Can't stop driving it now.

MikeA131

Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Thank you! Best sounding turbo noises of any car I've had!
Ordered mine not too long ago! Can't wait to get it. Question for you: I've seen some stuff about throttle body and intake manifold spacers making like +30 wheel tq on these 2.0s, is there any validity to that? I've never really been a believer in the space thing

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered mine not too long ago! Can't wait to get it. Question for you: I've seen some stuff about throttle body and intake manifold spacers making like +30 wheel tq on these 2.0s, is there any validity to that? I've never really been a believer in the space thing
I've not seen those results on any platform.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
At least what I'd heard years ago is that spacers actually worked back in the carburetor days because they increased intake volume/velocity like a tall rise intake manifold replacement to increase top end HP. But with multiport fuel injection and overhead cams allowing larger intakes to occupy more of the block valley they were less efficacious. Mind that was on NA engines. Then again Ford did squeeze some extra ponies out of the mod motors (4.6, 5.4) with the Performance Improved revision's slightly longer runners.
Naturally aspirated I've seen gains, on a turbo engine where the charge air can travel close to the speed of sound, it has no effect.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.