First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got and installed my Buschur intake today. So far I’d say the fit and finish are good. Shipping was next day but I’m also pretty close to them. If I could change anything I wish the IAT sensor mounted differently. I’m a little nervous that it could eventually suck the grommet in when it warms up.
Small issue I had with the mounting arm is that the supplied bolt didn’t work. The hole it’s intended for isn’t threaded. I ended up trying to use it to cut its own but that just ended up stripping out the bolt. I used a stainless self tapper.

I can’t speak for the performance yet but I don’t even care. The turbo noises make it worth every penny.

Ford Maverick Buschur 2.0 intake installed w/ video sound clips 82CB21D0-6608-409E-B8AD-FC2DEFF10020

Ford Maverick Buschur 2.0 intake installed w/ video sound clips 6574BBE4-6735-4D7A-816D-194F5C4380D4

Sound clips:

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got and installed my Buschur intake today. So far I’d say the fit and finish are good. Shipping was next day but I’m also pretty close to them. If I could change anything I wish the IAT sensor mounted differently. I’m a little nervous that it could eventually suck the grommet in when it warms up.
Small issue I had with the mounting arm is that the supplied bolt didn’t work. The hole it’s intended for isn’t threaded. I ended up trying to use it to cut its own but that just ended up stripping out the bolt. I used a stainless self tapper.

I can’t speak for the performance yet but I don’t even care. The turbo noises make it worth every penny.

82CB21D0-6608-409E-B8AD-FC2DEFF10020.jpeg

6574BBE4-6735-4D7A-816D-194F5C4380D4.jpeg
Congrats. Report back after a few days for everyone.

jalvay

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

82CB21D0-6608-409E-B8AD-FC2DEFF10020.jpeg

6574BBE4-6735-4D7A-816D-194F5C4380D4.jpeg
Got any sound clips?

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes - wondering about these turbo noises :) Video please :)

OP
OP
MaverickAngler

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

OP
OP
MaverickAngler

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My best attempts at capturing the sounds. I don’t normally drive like this FYI 🤣

Evil2ltr

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Alto Blue Maverick XLT AWD
Sounds good. I am sure the clips do not do it justice too. Thank you for the information.

Sponsored

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the review! The bolt hole for the mount isn't tapped on your truck? That's super odd, the reason we mounted it there was there was an existing bolt hole with nothing in it.

Thank for posting the sound clips!

Killjoyken

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford F250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Is the IAT sensor loose at all? I doubt there's enough suction to pull it in with such a large filter if it's snug enough.

Did the instructions say anything about the mounting bolt? I wonder if you're supposed to tap the hole first. Seems odd that it would ship with a bolt for an unthreaded hole.

How loud is it at idle and part throttle? I want to order one but don't want it loud under normal driving, just when I get on it.

Thanks for the review.

OP
OP
MaverickAngler

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the review! The bolt hole for the mount isn't tapped on your truck? That's super odd, the reason we mounted it there was there was an existing bolt hole with nothing in it.

Thank for posting the sound clips!
Correct, both of those two holes were not threaded at all.

OP
OP
MaverickAngler

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is the IAT sensor loose at all? I doubt there's enough suction to pull it in with such a large filter if it's snug enough.

Did the instructions say anything about the mounting bolt? I wonder if you're supposed to tap the hole first. Seems odd that it would ship with a bolt for an unthreaded hole.

How loud is it at idle and part throttle? I want to order one but don't want it loud under normal driving, just when I get on it.

Thanks for the review.
The IAT is not loose. I might just hit it with some superglue for a piece of mind.

there were no directions. You really don’t need any because it’s so straight forward.

it’s never really loud. Only when you are actuating the throttle and causing an increase or decrease in boost can you hear the “woosh” in or out noise. I hope for a VTA diverter valve some day but this is keeping me happy for now 😎

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Thanks for the review.
The increase in noise in only during acceleration, you can hear the turbo.
Sponsored