Bumper paint primer showing after car wash

trikeman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Went through the car wash yesterday and 2 small areas on the front bumper the primer is showing. One is on the front, the other on the side about a foot apart. Anyone have any similar experience.

Ford Maverick Bumper paint primer showing after car wash 592D01D7-4168-4151-B4C2-125995A482B2

Ford Maverick Bumper paint primer showing after car wash EB1B86AB-993D-4752-B7B8-C681A14EA215
Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow, something rubbed that hard. Unfortunate lesson learned is Stay Away From Car Washes. The 2 bucket hand wash with quality supplies is the best and safest way to go. Hope you can get that color matched OK.

rtkegger

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Silverado
there are several threads on how thin the paint is, based on them and this, mine will never see an automatic car wash. I kind of learned my lesson on my Silverado. I used a brush type carwash several times and it took the paint off the top of the cab where it crowns to go to the windshield. Now I only hand wash with an automotive cleaner and sponge and use a microfiber towel to dry

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought a power washer just to avoid this. Just soap it up and spray it off. Takes about 30 minutes. Every few months I use a silicon dioxide spray to keep it slick.

Sponsored

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Wow, something rubbed that hard. Unfortunate lesson learned is Stay Away From Car Washes. The 2 bucket hand wash with quality supplies is the best and safest way to go. Hope you can get that color matched OK.
I hand wash my new cars for two years, lost the plastic antenna housing at car wash on a Hyundai and they said it was typical!

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
op hasn't been online since Sept 22 so we may never know how it turned out.
What I see is scuffed clear coat that would prob buff out.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Found 3 new rock chips in the bumper paint that all might have happened at the same time- Kind of odd- Isn't there a more high-Tech touch up paint option available these days ?
Sponsored