HiYoAu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just installed a BuiltRight molle bed rack today. An impulse buy but I think it will work out rather nicely. Its designed to fit on either driver’s or passenger’s side of the bed. And because of the screwy hole pattern that Ford used, they had to cut slots and oblong holes for the mounting points.

At $145 a side I only bought one, but depending on how things goes, I can see buying a second one.

As I have just a mere XL, I don’t have the bed cubbies. But the rack is designed such that it won’t interfere with the cubbies if you have them.

Better pictures can be found on their website.

Ford Maverick Builtright Molle Panel Bed Rack Installed 3F22F163-C31A-4F4E-AE65-32F9DFAEFCB5

Ford Maverick Builtright Molle Panel Bed Rack Installed mollepanel
Sponsored

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I just installed a BuiltRight molle bed rack today. An impulse buy but I think it will work out rather nicely. Its designed to fit on either driver’s or passenger’s side of the bed. And because of the screwy hole pattern that Ford used, they had to cut slots and oblong holes for the mounting points.

At $145 a side I only bought one, but depending on how things goes, I can see buying a second one.

As I have just a mere XL, I don’t have the bed cubbies. But the rack is designed such that it won’t interfere with the cubbies if you have them.

3F22F163-C31A-4F4E-AE65-32F9DFAEFCB5.jpeg

View attachment 74045
I am new to trucks so what do you do with this lol

OP
OP
HiYoAu

HiYoAu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It provides additional points to tie down/lash/attach items in your truck bed. As it exists now there are just cleats in the corner of the bed. If you wish to secure items such as shovels, water jugs and the like you’ll need more lash/connection points. If you’re new to trucks, you’ll see. You’ll figure it out.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Could see that having many uses, but that's very pricey.

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Oh the Overland Movement… I’ve tried to weave enough PALS webbing that just looking at that rack gives my fingers arthritis. Congrats!

Sponsored

OP
OP
HiYoAu

HiYoAu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oh the Overland Movement… I’ve tried to weave enough PALS webbing that just looking at that rack gives my fingers arthritis. Congrats!
Webbing? Screw that! Hooked bungee cords is the way I fly.

I don’t understand the specialty packs and tactical gizmos that go with the complete Molle system.

dcs12345

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would use Velco One-Wrap for anything that I wanted to hang didn't weigh too much, like shovels

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I didn't get the bed rails. Thinking of getting one to have good attachment points. Even 2 would be less than adding the factory rails, and you have a bunch of lash points instead of 1 per side.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Google "molle accessories" and you will find thousands of items that can attach to molle webbing. Very popular with military and motorcycle people. Excellant flexibility but you can spend a fortune on devices like: water bottles, gas can holders, tools bags, flash lights pouches, bear/peper spray, pistol, hand granade holder, backpacks....if you visit an Army Navy surplus store they have all type of fabric bags that are universally compatible with "molle" strap webbing, cheap. Mostly used to have flexibility for storing and organizing attaching tools, etc. The use is mostly for being able to move things around or quickly take something off the mounting platform. The molle board is not strong enough to provide tie down points...for a motorcycle, etc.

Amazon has a large selection of "molle pannels" much smaller in the $20-40 range. I could see them as very handy behind the "REAR Seat: Where they are very useful for attaching tools, water bottles, etc on the "molle panel" then attach all of them somewhere like the back of the rear seat and providing the ability to remove them at one time.

Last edited:
Sponsored

Dale Ducheneaux

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2023 Maverick XLT 9/16/22
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

3F22F163-C31A-4F4E-AE65-32F9DFAEFCB5.jpeg

mollepanel.jpg
Whats its purpose as it covers the slots up in the flex bed.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Molle panels are normally attached with "wing nuts"(or the like) so you can take the whole panel and attached items on and off quickly to move all the attached items together. Since the molle attachments are made out of fabric they don't hold up well to weather. If I used a molle panel i'd have a tonneau cover or use them behind the rear back seat, OR in the bed but underneath the back window so you can have tie down hooks on the bed sidewalls when needed. Would be perfect for storing tire tools, tie-down straps, fuel funnel, etc.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https://trail4runner.com/2018/02/06/4runner-molle-panel-accessories/&psig=AOvVaw2-4IlZ6ntCpMgRjBCS2NWB&ust=1670880327035000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAsQjRxqFwoTCPCL1rTA8vsCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAE

Last edited:

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The molle board is not strong enough to provide tie down points.
It's made out of 1/8" steel plate. While I wouldn't strap a motorcycle down with it or anything, it is certainly strong enough to tie some things down. Especially up towards the top where there would be less moment force on the plate in uplift