First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One of my chairs at home is leather, the seat is 4 years old and there is nothing left but the undercoat fabric. That's why I don't buy a vehicle with leather seats.
Huh, I have a 2010 F150 leather seats look great IMO. Normal wear. Worst thing I notice is some fatigue around the stitching. Leather its self is great.

Edogg1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep renegade desert hawk
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello all, love the truck so far. I noticed the little hidden "Built Ford Tough" logo on the side of the dashboard. I noticed earlier today, my fingernail brushed up against the interior plastic while I was removing the key and it left a little scratch. Just thought this would be funny.

Easy there Freddy!
Ford Maverick "Built Ford Tough" Fingernail Vs 2022 Maverick XL Hybrid Interior Plastic 1641389495860

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just noticed that the area on driver side B pillar is showing some wear where my seatbelt buckle hits. It is marring the plastic there. No biggie, just an observation.

Td14782

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick 2019 Ram 2009 suzuki equator,2008 pl
I covered passenger side dash with 3m chip guard.I noticed the cheap ass plastic right off.When my dog scratched it.I guess I need to except the fact it's cheaper than a side by side atv.I shouldn't expect much more.

Sponsored

LC48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, AWD, Carbonized Gray. Highlander Lim
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I just noticed that the area on driver side B pillar is showing some wear where my seatbelt buckle hits. It is marring the plastic there. No biggie, just an observation.
I noticed scuffing there a couple days after I got it home, I cannot find what rubbed it (it's not my seatbelt) but a few applications of Meguirs interior cleaner and it is basically gone.

I was thinking maybe something like the floor mats or some such may have rubbed there during its long train ride - who knows, but the 8nterior plastics are pretty soft

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One of my chairs at home is leather, the seat is 4 years old and there is nothing left but the undercoat fabric. That's why I don't buy a vehicle with leather seats.
that’s probably bonded leather, which doesn’t wear well.

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello all, love the truck so far. I noticed the little hidden "Built Ford Tough" logo on the side of the dashboard. I noticed earlier today, my fingernail brushed up against the interior plastic while I was removing the key and it left a little scratch. Just thought this would be funny.

This reminds me of a story a guy I used to work with had about his 70's Cadillac. The car was a piece of crap and usually had something seriously wrong with it every few months. His story was that he was driving down the road one day and the "Made in a ISO9001 Certified Factory" plaque on the dash, fell off.
At the time, the company we worked for, was trying to get certified for ISO9001. We took it as a sign that the 'certification' was a waste of time.

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
Hell, my skin doesn’t seem to deal with scratches and scuffs as well as it used to.

Sponsored

LadyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe some 303 Areospace Protectant might help over your entire plastic before scratching again
I had a few light scratches as well, so I tried the 303 and it worked, removed the scratches. I’m going to apply on all plastic interior, spray onto your rag first, then apply evenly.

Fleshman03

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I noticed this against the center console. I ordered some felt tape for the side that rubs against the cubby.

Deleted member 7375

Good for you purposely scratching your new truck. I can scratch most things with my fingernail too.......AND?
🙄
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.