Sponsored

Budget Budget stereo mods

dedMann

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FX4/LUX,60 Bug,ElementSC 5mt,Buell XB12X,BICYCLES!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ded, you did it that way great..did you use the OEM wiring? Then you don't need the pigtails either.
Yes I did. I am a cheap s.o.b. Haha
Sponsored

Ringo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1953 MGTD, 1953 F100, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m going to imagine I’m getting the five minutes back that I just pretty much wasted reading this post!

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok, I know everyone wants a sub, an amp, and fancy thunderous speakers.

I attack it from the other side first, I start at the location and attack it by making the location more acoustic correct. We have all heard where someone throws a 5000w amp, 24 18" thumper in the trunk, hits the amp and every panel on the vehicle rattles and vibrates, which distorts the music beyond clarity.

So I start by adding mass to every panel possible. Then reduce some of the angles possible and adding some sound traps to bleed off some of the stray sound vectors. Went inside c-pillar added foam, mass. Finishing with lots of closed cell foam application.

My speaker selection $50 for 4 speakers(boss). Anything is better then OEM.

Here's where mother invention comes into play, I didn't order from Crutchfield so I didn't get the fancy pigtails or the speaker adapters. I soldered my connections and instead of using the Crutchfield speaker adapters, heck there's already the best you can have right there in the Mav!

For the speaker adapters, I used the OEM speakers, cut the plastic basket and wires, mounted the replacement speaker in the OEM flange used the OEM braided wires soldered to replacement speakers. Then used/retained all the OEM mounting hardware.

After all what did you do with the OEM speakers, display them up on the coffee table?

This post might help others who don't want to spend alot of money, but would like a better sounding system.
Some great ideas to save a few bucks. Thanks you.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What ever happened to conceptual skills, I guess it just comes natural to me, in my careers, I have had to take ideas from other peoples descriptions, minds and ideas and turn them into reality.

I explained step by step, just add a little creative thought processing and you can see a picture of a finished idea/item.

Sorry if I didn't take the time to document the idea, sometimes I wish I could document alot of the projects that I accomplish. I have enough projects to turn into reality, so I would rather create then document.
Today's society does not seem to understand conceptualizing and depend on photos to see what is going on. Photos are nice but not an absolute necessity. I prefer well written descriptions. Again thanks.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What ever happened to conceptual skills, I guess it just comes natural to me, in my careers, I have had to take ideas from other peoples descriptions, minds and ideas and turn them into reality.

I explained step by step, just add a little creative thought processing and you can see a picture of a finished idea/item.

Sorry if I didn't take the time to document the idea, sometimes I wish I could document alot of the projects that I accomplish. I have enough projects to turn into reality, so I would rather create then document.

Today's society does not seem to understand conceptualizing and depend on photos to see what is going on. Photos are nice but not an absolute necessity. I prefer well written descriptions. Again thanks.
I agree that great narrative can provide a lot of detail, specifications, and other description to a conceptual idea. That said, having worked in engineering and R&D, I can assure you that diagrams, sketches, photographs are key to conceptualizing an idea, usually being primary with notes/documentation backing them up.
One of the first things done when two engineers meet and one says, "I got an idea", is to produce a drawing, photo, or other visual aid. We used to keep Play-Doh in the office for that purpose, speeding the conceptualization by showing what something looks like.

Sponsored

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree that great narrative can provide a lot of detail, specifications, and other description to a conceptual idea. That said, having worked in engineering and R&D, I can assure you that diagrams, sketches, photographs are key to conceptualizing an idea, usually being primary with notes/documentation backing them up.
One of the first things done when two engineers meet and one says, "I got an idea", is to produce a drawing, photo, or other visual aid. We used to keep Play-Doh in the office for that purpose, speeding the conceptualization by showing what something looks like.
Oh I agree. I too have worked my whole career in Engineering and Construction Management. While doing E&C estimating we always started with a P&ID and plot plan which is great. However, every project started with a proposal request of some kind with a conceptualized idea. It's an important start to have a good description of what is needed.

OP
OP
Mach 1

Mach 1

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybr 2018 F150 Lariat 3.5 ECO
Dedmann, great minds think alike. It took a little fabricating however its just so much more satisfying, i would bet that this way is a much cleaner, more fitting, less connections(which is extremely important in electrical work).
Oh yeah, i wasnt afraid to post budget, budget projects. It still sounds friggin awesome, and tight no rattles.

Its a SKILL (that is fading in todays society) to be able to take an idea, conceptualize it, bring it out and put it on paper.

Thats how we learn and stay sharp, by exercising our grey matter, its just too easy to take a pic and copy from it. I like my way.