Sponsored

Broncos being cancelled... will this happen to Hybrid Maverick orders down the road?

djw479

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Mav Lariat Lux / '90 ZR-1 / '03 Yamaha V-Max
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Its already happened with Mavericks. In mid-December Ford announced Hybrid orders can be changed to an EcoBoost drivetrain to increase the chances of their order being built in 2023.

That sounds to me as a more "buildable order" for some who newly ordered a 2023 Hybrid in September 2022. But this sucks for someone firmly set on getting a Hybrid.

Its crazy times we're living in right now.

Last edited:

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/📧-bad-news-friday-official-email-from-ford-urgent-information-regarding-your-ford-bronco-order.63957/?mibextid=Zxz2cZ

With Broncos being told to be a buildable order or be cancelled I wonder if we now know how Ford will handle Maverick Hybrid orders at the end of this model year.
Jesus! I just read some of the postings of those who ordered on the Bronco page, over 800 days and still waiting. now threatened to cancel their order if they don't change it to something Ford can build. Imagine waiting 800 days and get cancelled. (sorry, but you can place a new order if you would like to)
Not just NO!... but F*&@ NO!

bc22

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Ford Maverick hybrid was designed to bring in new customers to Ford. Having your first experience be: order, deposit, wait a year, get cancelled. Whoo boy, I don't think that's the best approach.

Sponsored

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Ford Maverick hybrid was designed to bring in new customers to Ford. Having your first experience be: order, deposit, wait a year, get cancelled. Whoo boy, I don't think that's the best approach.
If I don't receive a 2023 and have to start all over again in 2024 then I won't be buying Maverick or any Ford.
If Ford can't manage a build to order system then don't take any orders and just allocate production to dealers.

OP
OP
Christenhildebrandt

Christenhildebrandt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Christen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think you are right that isn’t long term a wise move.

If I don't receive a 2023 and have to start all over again in 2024 then I won't be buying Maverick or any Ford.
If Ford can't manage a build to order system then don't take any orders and just allocate production to dealers.

The hybrid is what made me want to order a new vehicle since there was nothing like it in the small truck space. The EB gets better mileage than other trucks just hard to give up the idea of 40 mpg in the city. But 2024 would be a third price increase for me since I waited to long to order in 2021. All of us ordering a Hybrid maverick are on Let’s Make a Deal.

1. EB maverick
2. Get what you ordered
3. Nothing

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's already been announced they will cancel orders that can't be built. They said no roll over, no price protection. Ford gave everyone the option to shift away from hybrid. Change to an Ecoboost or roll the dice. Sorry those aren't the options that some want but they are the options available.

John_Sawgrass_Ford

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Platinum, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It will happen not just with hybrids but any vehicle when they run into supply trouble they will give you that option.

Maverick Life

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

[...] Change to an Ecoboost or roll the dice. Sorry those aren't the options that some want but they are the options available.
You know... I had secretly hoped that this wasn't the case. I remember the early announcement that Ford would not be taking rollovers from MY23 to MY24 and thinking that this could either be really good or really bad.

I had hoped that what Ford was trying to communicate at the time was a public statement of confidence - a reassurance that the Ford brand represents capability and a promise that the company which took a pioneering approach to industrial manufacturing nearly 120 years ago could rise to meet any modern production challenge just as well.

I wanted to read that early statement as something like, "Don't worry - we got you. We fixed our issues from last year, learned a lot in the process, and we know we can produce what you order before the model year ends. There won't be any need to rollover orders this year so send us your business!"

I suppose there's a really slim chance that's still possible. Maybe that third shift in Hermosillo is a breakthrough? With news like this from the Bronco line though it's getting more difficult to keeping hoping for good things from Ford.

Sponsored

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You know... I had secretly hoped that this wasn't the case. I remember the early announcement that Ford would not be taking rollovers from MY23 to MY24 and thinking that this could either be really good or really bad.

I had hoped that what Ford was trying to communicate at the time was a public statement of confidence - a reassurance that the Ford brand represents capability and a promise that the company which took a pioneering approach to industrial manufacturing nearly 120 years ago could rise to meet any modern production challenge just as well.

I wanted to read that early statement as something like, "Don't worry - we got you. We fixed our issues from last year, learned a lot in the process, and we know we can produce what you order before the model year ends. There won't be any need to rollover orders this year so send us your business!"

I suppose there's a really slim chance that's still possible. Maybe that third shift in Hermosillo is a breakthrough? With news like this from the Bronco line though it's getting more difficult to keeping hoping for good things from Ford.
I think the third shift is a great sign. Wouldn't add labor if there weren't parts to keep it busy. But we don't know if it will help with hybrids, or just produce more Ecoboost.

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the third shift is a great sign. Wouldn't add labor if there weren't parts to keep it busy. But we don't know if it will help with hybrids, or just produce more Ecoboost.
Also July is getting a bit late in the MY23 production run to have a material impact. 4ish months of additional production if you include july. Seems like it really will help MY24 production though.
Sponsored