First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Mav XLT, Oxford, 2.0EB, AWD, FX4, Lux, 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Noticed something odd when driving over a slight dip in the road (transition between one street and another with a shallow dip
in road for drainage) with my 2.0 EB FX4 AWD Mav in 'normal' mode. When I approached this dip at 10mph at a 45 degree angle (
one wheel at a time transitioning through the dip) - I heard a brief grinding noise and vibration. This happened I think between when
the 2nd front wheel reached the dip and then the 1 rear wheel reached it (I hope that makes sense - this type of transition is real common
on asphalt streets where a small shallow concrete 'culvert' joins two asphalt sections). This happened the 1st time 2 days ago and caught
my attention. I happened to be on this same street yesterday and approached the same little dip slowly and again got the grinding
sound and vibration.

I guessing it was really nothing and by product of the AWD system engaging due to the momentary front to back wheel transition - but boy,
for a vehicle with 1400 miles on it, and my awareness on high for issues, this got my attention. Anyone else have this happen?

Keep on truckin!

K
Sponsored

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Traction control kicking in, youā€™re hearing the ABS ā€œgrindā€. Happens to me on my Ranger at times. Slow down a little on those spots or turn off TC.

jeffrol48197

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Explorer, 2009 Focus, 2019 Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Noticed something odd when driving over a slight dip in the road (transition between one street and another with a shallow dip
in road for drainage) with my 2.0 EB FX4 AWD Mav in 'normal' mode. When I approached this dip at 10mph at a 45 degree angle (
one wheel at a time transitioning through the dip) - I heard a brief grinding noise and vibration. This happened I think between when
the 2nd front wheel reached the dip and then the 1 rear wheel reached it (I hope that makes sense - this type of transition is real common
on asphalt streets where a small shallow concrete 'culvert' joins two asphalt sections). This happened the 1st time 2 days ago and caught
my attention. I happened to be on this same street yesterday and approached the same little dip slowly and again got the grinding
sound and vibration.

I guessing it was really nothing and by product of the AWD system engaging due to the momentary front to back wheel transition - but boy,
for a vehicle with 1400 miles on it, and my awareness on high for issues, this got my attention. Anyone else have this happen?

Keep on truckin!

K
TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN
4WD - Grinding/Rubbing Noise Under Acceleration From Floor Pan/Underbody Area
call local dealer and make appt for whenever, tell them tsb 22-2161...
22-2161
26 April 2022​

OP
OP
snek

snek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Mav XLT, Oxford, 2.0EB, AWD, FX4, Lux, 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Traction control kicking in, youā€™re hearing the ABS ā€œgrindā€. Happens to me on my Ranger at times. Slow down a little on those spots or turn off TC.

Thanks 'Inthecabin' ! I will chill on the noise and vibration and slow up on these street transitions.

K
Sponsored