Sponsored

Brand New Maverick owner! Mostly really pleased, but one concern... rough shifting, and the engine has gotstuck revving while braking a couple times

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is another nice shot of a VB Mav.

Sponsored

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had the exact same issue. Rough shifting at first and it didn't seem like it was shifting right. Got the truck with 14 miles on it - pretty much the same spec 2,0 ecoboost AWD 4k and fx4.

The transmission computer "learns" how to shift over time. Give it a week, it should smooth out. Mine didn't and I was also averaging less than 20mpg. If yours doesn't call the dealer.

I had a seat belt issue the dealer had to address and asked them to check out the shifting and mileage. They said it looked like the trans had stopped learning so they reset it. Now it works fine and I just averaged almost 32 mpg on an 8+ hour highway drive yesterday.
That math checks out. Thats what i get on highway too. I never had the shifting issue unless i was in eco mode. So i just drive in normal all the time.

RJames

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK XLT, CHEVY S-10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Nothing to worry about.
There's a learning-curve whereby your truck will adjust to your driving habits.
I took delivery of mine, equipped the same, and noticed the same thing at first.
I love mine, rides better than my Aviator, gets great mileage, and it's really QUICK.
The only things I don't like are the Rotary Shifter and that 'Stop/Start' B.S.

20220827_134559.jpg

20220827_134507.jpg
Beautiful truck!

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That math checks out. Thats what i get on highway too. I never had the shifting issue unless i was in eco mode. So i just drive in normal all the time.
One thing I'm really liking is the dash display that show momentary and average mpg. Playing with driving styles yesterday it helped to see how to wring the best mileage out of it. Unsurprisingly, I found out that if you go easy on the pedal and stay under 70 you get the best mileage. Also the A/C knocks like 5 mpg off :eek:

I wonder if the trans has to re learn for eco mode? Every time I drive a car in eco I end up mashing down the pedal because it feels sluggish which kind of defeats the purpose. 😂

Sponsored

Charles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nothing to worry about.
There's a learning-curve whereby your truck will adjust to your driving habits.
I took delivery of mine, equipped the same, and noticed the same thing at first.
I love mine, rides better than my Aviator, gets great mileage, and it's really QUICK.
The only things I don't like are the Rotary Shifter and that 'Stop/Start' B.S.

20220827_134559.jpg

20220827_134507.jpg
agree on the shifter ... I see a bit of False Advertising😁

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine