Sponsored

Boomba Racing Ford Maverick Adjustable Blow Off Valve Adaptor Now Available!

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you for the feedback and your continued support. We definitely will get this resolved and you will be getting the correct part shipped out asap.
Now all I need to do is get the time to install everything. I think it may be easiest to install the blowoff adapter through the wheel well. With the skid plate under the engine there just isn't an easy way to get at it since it is behind the engine and low. And the throttle body plate may be easier to get at that way as well, have to do some more pokng around to see but there is no room unless you take the intake manifold off as well as the upper air intake and core support cover. They don't give you a lot of room to work on that motor. Not like a 68 Eldorato at all.. I bet if you pissed on that engine it would take an hour for it to hit the floor
Sponsored

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Boomba Racing
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now all I need to do is get the time to install everything. I think it may be easiest to install the blowoff adapter through the wheel well. With the skid plate under the engine there just isn't an easy way to get at it since it is behind the engine and low. And the throttle body plate may be easier to get at that way as well, have to do some more pokng around to see but there is no room unless you take the intake manifold off as well as the upper air intake and core support cover. They don't give you a lot of room to work on that motor. Not like a 68 Eldorato at all.. I bet if you pissed on that engine it would take an hour for it to hit the floor
There would be no real way of installing it thru the wheel well the stock BPV is located directly by the firewall in the back. The installation generally takes between 20-30 minutes.

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There would be no real way of installing it thru the wheel well the stock BPV is located directly by the firewall in the back. The installation generally takes between 20-30 minutes.
I installed the blow-off valve adapter over the weekend and other than dropping one of the screws down into the black hole that is the engine compartment, everything went well. I was a bit concerned that the amount of whoosh that the adapter made would be more noticeable but it is just about right, I can hear it and I am aware of it but it isn't an objectionable sound at all.

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now all I need is the throttle body adapter and I will do the intake and throttle body simultaneously and install the dirty side catch can. I am not a fan of disconnecting all the intake plumbing more than once.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Boomba Racing
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now all I need is the throttle body adapter and I will do the intake and throttle body simultaneously and install the dirty side catch can. I am not a fan of disconnecting all the intake plumbing more than once.
Thank you for your support we greatly appreciate it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Boomba Racing
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can water get in through the blowoff hole? Like when it rains of after a car wash.
We have never heard of any issues like that happening and never had that happen to our Maverick. The stock BPV is mostly closed so it can build boost and the only time it stays open is during its venting operation.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Boomba Racing
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We have never heard of any issues like that happening and never had that happen to our Maverick. The stock BPV is mostly closed so it can build boost and the only time it stays open is during its venting operation.
Please let us know if there any additional questions we appreciate the support.

Sponsored

Vtec87pr1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine