Sponsored

Boomba Racing Ford Maverick 2.0L Ecoboost Blow Off Valve Adaptor Now Available!

Boomba Racing

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Boomba Racing
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We are very proud to announce our vent to atmosphere blow off valve adaptor for the Ford Maverick platform. This high performance adapter mounts between the OEM bypass valve/solenoid and the stock turbo, causing the unused charge air to vent to atmosphere (VTA) giving off the well known, but distinct sound all turbo owners know and love! The adapter bolts right in with the included longer bolts, no other modifications or tuning are required. Precision CNC machined out of high quality aircraft grade billet aluminum and available in 4 different colors.

This is just one of many products we plan on releasing for the Maverick platform.

Installation is simple and all mounting hardware is included.

Click Here To See The Product.

Sound clip videos are going to be released very soon.

Price $ 85.00

Ford Maverick Boomba Racing Ford Maverick 2.0L Ecoboost Blow Off Valve Adaptor Now Available! EcoBoost BOVA copy

Ford Maverick Boomba Racing Ford Maverick 2.0L Ecoboost Blow Off Valve Adaptor Now Available! P1010352

Sponsored

Last edited:

sitruunatee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I bought and installed this today and here’s my guide/review. Big thanks to Boomba for helping me initially understand what I was looking at and for following up to make sure the rest went okay.

I thought I was prepared but I was not. I have a huge amount of tools and sockets, but I was missing a Torx E5 socket. Without this, you are screwed.

Buy one from Amazon in advance. Home Depot, Lowes, and Harbor Freight did not have them. I had to beg a random mechanic shop to borrow theirs.

The next thing is I didn’t understand what I was looking at. The bolts coming off the bypass appear to be upside down. I spent half an hour trying to reach behind them and find the head, but there isn’t one. They aren’t upside down and have threading on them for… no apparent reason. The Torx E5 will fit on it. It looks like the end of the threaded bolt. The next thing is you need a 6 inch extension to be able to get at them. The first two are easy, but one is under some gear and you’ll want an extension especially when trying to wrench around that space.

Then once I had it unscrewed, as soon as I touched it a few things separated inside and were lost to the bay somewhere. One was a gasket. I’m not sure what the other was. Hopefully not important… Anyway, hold the base of the connection and keep it upright. At least the flow diverter didn’t fall out or I would still be outside cursing.

Take the flow diverter out of the assembly and put it in your blow off adapter first because it’s very hard to do with it still in place.

Value: Worth it? Yeah I guess so but it sure was annoying.

Total time: 6 1/2 hours including travel time.

Conclusion: I must fucking suck at quite simple tasks. But it sounds nice so oh well.

Sound:

The Ford bolt: https://imgur.io/a/31rooI3

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Boomba Racing
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you for your support, the unusual screws that Ford uses have been used on some other Ford models as well. As long as you have an E5 socket removing the OEM bolts should be pretty quick.

Sponsored

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now that some companies are starting to make performance parts for this vehicle and Ford has already identified the weak part of the drive train, the Limited Slip clutch in the rear diff, maybe Dayna or Atlas will make a real transfer case for this motor and maybe even a set of solid axles. I am looking at how to make a chassis that will fit in place of the folded sheet metal that this truck comes with. I have fabricated a front strut support that gives a bit more rigidity to the front end. Has anyone tried doing the DIY Cerekote kit yet?

That was pretty quick, ordered it and within 10 minutes I got notified that the order status changed to shipped.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Boomba Racing
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now that some companies are starting to make performance parts for this vehicle and Ford has already identified the weak part of the drive train, the Limited Slip clutch in the rear diff, maybe Dayna or Atlas will make a real transfer case for this motor and maybe even a set of solid axles. I am looking at how to make a chassis that will fit in place of the folded sheet metal that this truck comes with. I have fabricated a front strut support that gives a bit more rigidity to the front end. Has anyone tried doing the DIY Cerekote kit yet?

That was pretty quick, ordered it and within 10 minutes I got notified that the order status changed to shipped.
Thank you for your business, we offer Cerakote services as well.

Sponsored

SammiMav0716

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Samantha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Damn! I see $85 as original price around a year ago and $110 now… Bidenomics at work.

Dudley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looked at website and I see no mention of a performance boost of any kind, just a noise, which I can do without. Does it help in performance?

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Boomba Racing
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Damn! I see $85 as original price around a year ago and $110 now… Bidenomics at work.
Unfortunately price of raw aluminum sky rocketed, along with pretty much all other materials and lets not even start talking about tooling.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Boomba Racing
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looked at website and I see no mention of a performance boost of any kind, just a noise, which I can do without. Does it help in performance?
There are no performance gains from this product, it is simply for the noise aspect, takes 10-15 minutes to install 3 bolts very easy to do.
Sponsored