First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick FX4 4kTow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lol, yep. I think I was the 1st to order this and experienced the same thing. I thought they had corrected this after lengthy emails to them about this. The bracket you ate struggling with is the bracket for the EGR. It will not fit back on with that version of the spacer without modifying it. You will need to remove that bracket to get the manifold spacer installed.

I've reviewed a couple of their products after they sent me an email requesting I review it but they don't post my reviews. They did replace my TB spacer because it needed to be slightly changed as well...something else I shared with them.

Again, you will need to remove that egr bracket from the truck in order to get the spacer on. There is no other way...unless you reach out to them to inquire about swapping it for the newer version.
On another note, do you know what the torque spec is for the manifold bolts?
Sponsored

Azolyn

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue AWD XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lol, yep. I think I was the 1st to order this and experienced the same thing. I thought they had corrected this after lengthy emails to them about this. The bracket you ate struggling with is the bracket for the EGR. It will not fit back on with that version of the spacer without modifying it. You will need to remove that bracket to get the manifold spacer installed.

I've reviewed a couple of their products after they sent me an email requesting I review it but they don't post my reviews. They did replace my TB spacer because it needed to be slightly changed as well...something else I shared with them.

Again, you will need to remove that egr bracket from the truck in order to get the spacer on. There is no other way...unless you reach out to them to inquire about swapping it for the newer version.
So it wasn't just me. I also struggled with the intake manifold for a long time. I finally got it on but the bracket is no longer attached to the engine. I can only imagine how painful it's going to be to install the throttle body.
You were mentioning about a new version of the throttle body? I bought the intake manifold and throttle body spacer kit last week. How do I know if I have the newest version?

2016BoostedGreyGoose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 CC XLT, 21 F150 RCSB, 22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So it wasn't just me. I also struggled with it for a long time. I finally got it on the the bracket is no longer attached to the engine bolt. I can only imagine how painful it's going to be to install the throttle body.
You were mentioning about a new version of the throttle body? I bought the intake manifold and throttle body spacer kit last week. How do I know if I have the newest version?
The TB spacer on their website with angled corners is the new one. Yeah, it's a nightmare to install as well. Lol I also bought their new motor mount... I should post my review of it here. I removed it the very next chance I had free time. It's waaayyyy to hard-core! Lol

Azolyn

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue AWD XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The TB spacer on their website with angled corners is the new one. Yeah, it's a nightmare to install as well. Lol I also bought their new motor mount... I should post my review of it here. I removed it the very next chance I had free time. It's waaayyyy to hard-core! Lol
Okay good, I have the newest one. I know I spent a good 5 hours trying to make room for that spacer to fit. I plan to do the throttle body when I have to do an oil change that way I can hopefully knock out two birds with one stone.
I was planning on getting the motor mount. Did you not like it?

2016BoostedGreyGoose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Okay good, I have the newest one. I know I spent a good 5 hours trying to make room for that spacer to fit. I plan to do the throttle body when I have to do an oil change that way I can hopefully knock out two birds with one stone.
I was planning on getting the motor mount. Did you not like it?
You can buy mine at a discounted price... lol black anodized

Sponsored

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Boomba Racing
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is a spacer for the EGV Valve which should be included inside the package with the IM spacer. If someone did not receive it please reach out to us.

2016BoostedGreyGoose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is a spacer for the EGV Valve which should be included inside the package with the IM spacer. If someone did not receive it please reach out to us.
I did not receive one...and I was the original person that brought this issue to your attention with pics showing the issue. EGR still dangling there. Lol

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Boomba Racing
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did not receive one...and I was the original person that brought this issue to your attention with pics showing the issue. EGR still dangling there. Lol
Please send us a PM or email and we will get one shipped out to you asap!

RUF

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Skip to the end if your impatient like me.

I would like to see other dyno runs but

Sponsored

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That is just nuts! Love you guys and love the attention you are giving us on this new platform. I'm a client for life! ;)

Thanks again. Will share pics here and on IG after installation....with a tag

My IG: @2016BoostedGreyGoose
Did you ever get these installed? How were the real world driving results?

Dudley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sounds a bit like back in carburetor days when I had a double pumper 750 Holley on my 400+hp 327. We thought more gas means better go! It bogged down a bit off the line. Put smaller jets in and with the same air flow but a bit of less gas through the dual plane hi-rise there was a BIG difference! Kinda like a turbo spooling up, I guess. Gotta get the air in their for good explosions!
Oh, in those days (late 1960's) at the strip we ran the to-the-carb gas feed line through a coffee can full ice to condense the gas a bit on the way to the carb. That also helped. Will that help a turbo???? :cool: :sneaky:

2016BoostedGreyGoose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nah.... it won't. Nice quality and additional ports for maybe neth injection but no performance gains.....imho