First Name
LostInTransit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Transit Connect 2.0L Cargo
Engine
Undecided
I'm here today to point out an observation and see if i can get some clarification as to which one of these spacer has been tested on the Maverick truck. According to the video, it show the fellow removing 3 bolts which holds the throttle body onto the intake manifold.. and when searching for a new throttle body I'm getting mixed signals as to which one is needed or has been used.

Several OE ford sites are showing that the 2022 etc maverick are installed with a 4 bolt pattern set up throttle body.. yet other sites are showing a 3 bolt pattern setup on their maverick trucks.. The reason I'm investigating this is because we have a 2.0L I4 engine in our 2020 Connect and I was looking to see if the Maverick throttle body (larger intake opening) would fit our intake manifold..

Boomba images above show a 4 bolt pattern when it should be the 3 bolt pattern spacer.. so correct me if I'm wrong.. are there two different throttle body setup on the Maverick? I suspect that the 3 bolt pattern was used on the 2022-2023 then later changed to the 4 bolt patterns when a different intake manifold was installed on the 2.0L maverick engine.

burst710

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
fartman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick 2022 ecoboost 2.0L
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm here today to point out an observation and see if i can get some clarification as to which one of these spacer has been tested on the Maverick truck. According to the video, it show the fellow removing 3 bolts which holds the throttle body onto the intake manifold.. and when searching for a new throttle body I'm getting mixed signals as to which one is needed or has been used.

Several OE ford sites are showing that the 2022 etc maverick are installed with a 4 bolt pattern set up throttle body.. yet other sites are showing a 3 bolt pattern setup on their maverick trucks.. The reason I'm investigating this is because we have a 2.0L I4 engine in our 2020 Connect and I was looking to see if the Maverick throttle body (larger intake opening) would fit our intake manifold..

Boomba images above show a 4 bolt pattern when it should be the 3 bolt pattern spacer.. so correct me if I'm wrong.. are there two different throttle body setup on the Maverick? I suspect that the 3 bolt pattern was used on the 2022-2023 then later changed to the 4 bolt patterns when a different intake manifold was installed on the 2.0L maverick engine.
its three screws for it , you just need to measure and cut then to the right length
Sponsored