First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Boomba, do these kits use the factory PCV valve fittings and hoses with some type of inline reducer?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Boomba Racing
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Boomba, do these kits use the factory PCV valve fittings and hoses with some type of inline reducer?
Yes, our kit goes into the OEM factory PCV hoses, we don't think anyone wants this stuff floating thru their engine.

Ford Maverick Boomba Racing Catch Cans Stage 1 and 2 Now Available for 2.0 Maverick! Catch Can Test

Sleeper 7

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Fusion 14 Ram Dump 23 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

Sleeper 7

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Fusion 14 Ram Dump 23 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A catch can is much cheaper than having this service done.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If a catch can adds so much benefit with no draw back, why are manufacturers not installing? I know nothing about these things, so am just starting do look into it and had that question of logic... Thanks for helping the newb.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Boomba Racing
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If a catch can adds so much benefit with no draw back, why are manufacturers not installing? I know nothing about these things, so am just starting do look into it and had that question of logic... Thanks for helping the newb.
Excellent question, we cannot speak on behalf of any manufacturer and we simply don't know what is their reasoning but a PCV system is designed to help prevent blow by from recirculating back into the block, however the stock PCV does not perform anywhere near well enough to stop blow by from flowing throughout the engine and making deposits on the back of the valves.

This is not a one manufacturer issue but can be found with many different makes and models of engines which suffer from it. If you search "Walnut Blasting" it is a service which is performed on a vehicle that has excessive amount of blow by which cakes the engine, causes misfire, reduced performance and overall worse mpg.

Last edited:

Baloo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4 Lux Ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You didn't answer the question does it void the vehicles warranty?
To void a warranty the manufacturer has to prove the aftermarket park caused a failure., and then it only voids it on the part effected. That is the law in the US.

A catch can keeps the interals of the motor cleaner. A sensor going bad early is most that it would effect.

When comparing the cost of a sensor to a valve job after the factory warranty has expired, I would chose replacing a sensor.

Sponsored

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Excellent question, we cannot speak on behalf of any manufacturer and we simply don't know what is their reasoning but a PCV system is designed to help prevent blow by from recirculating back into the block, however the stock PCV does not perform anywhere near well enough to stop blow by from flowing throughout the engine and making deposits on the back of the valves.

This is not a one manufacturer issue but can be found with many different makes and models of engines which suffer from it. If you search "Walnut Blasting" it is a service which is performed on a vehicle that has excessive amount of blow by which cakes the engine, causes misfire, reduced performance and overall worse mpg.
Thanks for the response. So in looking at the website, there are a number of install guides but none for the Maverick catch can. Are there instructions available? Is this something a novice can do, or would a shop be a better bet? Overall I can do basic things with decent instructions but not going to figure it out on my own... I'm sure I'm not alone in that regard.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Boomba Racing
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the response. So in looking at the website, there are a number of install guides but none for the Maverick catch can. Are there instructions available? Is this something a novice can do, or would a shop be a better bet? Overall I can do basic things with decent instructions but not going to figure it out on my own... I'm sure I'm not alone in that regard.
It is definitely something that can be done at home with some basic tools. We just uploaded an installation guide for both of the stages on our YouTube channel. Please check out the links below.