First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT luxury hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actual black vinyl roof or just black paint…..?
Sponsored

Viking

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bravo, looks less like a school bus! Darker accents make it look better. Arguments can be made about visibility, but changing the tail lights to LED would improve the situation regardless. Plus there are plenty of cars out there that come blacked out/tented. All in all, do what makes you happy, it's a vehicle built for budget DIY peeps, but be safe out there.

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks sharp,especially the headlights. If you haven’t already, you may want to check out some LED bulbs for the rear lights. Lasfit makes some really bright ones that seem to trigger the whiners and complainers because they’re too bright in non-tinted lights. They should work just fine for you.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like the tinted headlights but completely smoked taillights? How is that legal? It'll be harder to differentiate if the taillights are glowing or if the driver is applying the brakes that way, otherwise a major safety hazard.
Why do people keep tinting their lights? Isn't it illegal and a danger to yourself and others in terms of visibility?!
just wait until they get older and their eyesight goes south 😂
It's not illegal. It's not about color, but intensity. Can it be seen? I have cops behind me all the time. And it can work fine. I use the Alla tailight/brake/turn signal combo LED bulb and it's brighter than the OEM bulb not tinted.

Ford Maverick Black roof vinyl, light tinted headlights, dark tinted tail lights on Maverick 1073-

And this is just taillights. Brake lights are even brighter!

Ford Maverick Black roof vinyl, light tinted headlights, dark tinted tail lights on Maverick paintedtowhooks2-

We can’t see the lights on in the tail lights and everyone is assuming you wouldn’t be able to see them. I have a Challenger with blacked out taillights, and you can see them perfectly fine. I think that the combo would work in a darker paint though.
EXACTLY!

Ford Maverick Black roof vinyl, light tinted headlights, dark tinted tail lights on Maverick paintedtowhooks3-

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's not illegal. It's not about color, but intensity. Can it be seen? I have cops behind me all the time. And it can work fine. I use the Alla tailight/brake/turn signal combo LED bulb and it's brighter than the OEM bulb not tinted.

1073-jpg.jpg

paintedtowhooks2-jpg.jpg

EXACTLY!

paintedtowhooks3-jpg.jpg
Be prepared for when someone rear ends you and you end up liable for it. Yes it can happen. You have altered DOT approved tail lights and is someone hits you, all they need to say is that they didn't see the lights.

• Haha
Reactions: HPR

Sponsored

DCP

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Flex, 2018 Escape, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The headlights look really good!

StillWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

1073-jpg.jpg

paintedtowhooks2-jpg.jpg

Yeah just what I thought. My challenger looks completely blacked out, but it is bright. Some people don’t understand that light passes through the tint 👍🤣

EXACTLY!

paintedtowhooks3-jpg.jpg
Yeah just what I thought. My challenger looks completely blacked out, but it is bright. Some people don’t understand that light passes through the tint 👍🤣. I might do a tint too if I ever get the truck. Never had a problem and the cops have came up and even said it looked good.

Ford Maverick Black roof vinyl, light tinted headlights, dark tinted tail lights on Maverick 78AF67C3-F11C-4553-AFBD-DE5217153B2A

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Be prepared for when someone rear ends you and you end up liable for it. Yes it can happen. You have altered DOT approved tail lights and is someone hits you, all they need to say is that they didn't see the lights.
Can't see the lights that are brighter than OEM? Oh, shut up.

Jworth914

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While it looks good, I never saw the sense in tinting lights which are there for safety.
Personally, I want the brightest and most visible lights legal.

Oh well, to each his own.

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I kinda like the roof, tinting headlights & taillights is always a bad idea.

Sponsored

GaryHoosier

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Maverick 2.0L XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

1073-jpg.jpg

paintedtowhooks2-jpg.jpg

EXACTLY!

paintedtowhooks3-jpg.jpg
...I like this iteration a lot better, does away with that 2-color lense which I find unappealing.
I also find the subtle Hex-pattern very cool.
Never saw that before.

eRock92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SE
Engine
Undecided
The amount of people on this site that are worried about tinted LED lights on modern vehicles has me thinking that eye exams need to be standardized for license renewals. Unless you are over 50 and/or have damaged eyesight, there is no way this should be a concern (yes I know the law; read below). I literally have to wear tinted shades when driving at night on highways because the combination of bright LED headlights, taillights, and LED screen inside my own vehicle fatigue me (remember that LED's are just super-rapidly flashing light pulses, not smooth like old halogen bulbs). And for the record, I have all my screens set to either off or "calm" modes.

If I had a dollar for the number of times I was on a two lane road and had to both hit the brakes and honk my horn because I thought an oncoming vehicle's bright headlights blinded my vision, I'd be able to trade in my Escape and buy a fully loaded hybrid Maverick... off the lot... with the ADM.

While many states do outlaw headlight tints, keep in mind many of these were made when halogens where the normal and most widely used. I won't be surprised if changes or clauses are made in the language of many laws over the next several years due to LED's extreme and sometimes dangerous brightness. I only say this because laws are and will be adjusted for the incoming wave of EV's and some vehicle autonomy.

Banshee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick (I hope soon)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I love the taillights. Everyone is saying how they love the tint on the headlights but not the taillights, but the argument for the taillights is the same for the headlights.

I love the look! I plan on Blacking out the tail lights, third brake light, and front ambers as well.

RLmesc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Kia Sportage, 05 Porsche Boxster S, 85 Kawasaki
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Before anyone tints headlamps my question to them is "What the heck do you think these lights are for, good looks or saving your ass at night?" The tail lights. Sheesh, as an insurance adjuster, I won a lawsuit because the black taillight could not be seen in the Statute required distance in FOG. So yeah, you can get rearended and it be your fault. In real-life, on real streets, this ain't SEMA in Vegas, test your luck. But it looks cool.

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Very impressive. That looks like a major amount of work!
Sponsored