Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan XTerra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes they are I’ll take a pic tonight if it’s not raining
How far off center can you be and still see the reflection?

I have a set of domed black reflective letters, but I haven't yet applied them since I'm still working with the seller. With these, you have to be almost exactly on center to see the reflection. I was expecting the black used on emergency vehicles that light up like electroluminescent neon when hit with light at almost any angle.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Wnbasac

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V & firebird T/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How far off center can you be and still see the reflection?

I have a set of domed black reflective letters, but I haven't yet applied them since I'm still working with the seller. With these, you have to be almost exactly on center to see the reflection. I was expecting the black used on emergency vehicles that light up like electroluminescent neon when hit with light at almost any angle.

Thanks!
still rain in Cali

vinnymac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Need info on best matte black raised tailgate lettering any info is much appreciated tks VP

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone have luck finding retro-reflective lettering right now? I have spent the last 3+ hours checking Ebay, Amazon, and Etsy and the normal vendors listed on this thread do not seem to carry them anymore. On Etsy I did see one vendor selling "reflective" vinyl that seems to be made from Turner Moore Edition vinyl (instead of the normal 3M) but not sure if it is really retro-reflective or just metalic flake (i.e., retro-reflective uses embedded glass beads to direct 100% of the light back to you while reflective just means it is shiny and maybe 20% is scatted back to you).

I did see one add on Etsy (but unfortunately only for a full-size Bronco) that was black in daytime but rainbow holographic at night with a light (DiegosOutdoorGoods and listed as Reflect Black > Holo). Looked super cool in the pictures but not sure how well it would work in the real world. Anyone tried this yet on a Maverick? Is it actually retro-reflective or just reflective? Really want retro-reflecive since now that I have my Area 51 I can see why it would be easy to be rear-ended in a typical heavy Texas spring thunder-storm where the rain is pretty much the same color as the truck ;-)

Guess the one upside is that lettering is pretty cheap now compared to a year ago. Basic black vinyl is $4 on Ebay and ton of custom colors on Etsy for about $13.

aivanov61

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(ordered MY23 & MY24 Maverick)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm having a hard time finding reflective lettering. I'm looking for reflective that will look nice on carbonized gray metallic. Can someone point me to a current link?
Sponsored