22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT/Lariat.. Undecided still :O
Why black chrome? There likely no other black chrome on a Maverick stock to tie in with..

I’d think all black or plain chrome would look best as those are already present on the color palette? I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder so I’ll stop now.

OP
OP
felsf50

felsf50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why black chrome? There likely no other black chrome on a Maverick stock to tie in with..

I’d think all black or plain chrome would look best as those are already present on the color palette? I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder so I’ll stop now.
My wheels are shiny black. Nickel chrome BLACK is shiny black. Any other painted black lug nut will chip and rust.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Honestly I prefer the chrome lugs because it provides contrast and makes the lugs pop. Black chrome would look pretty cool, too, but it's a more subtle pop.

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know that M14 x 1.5 is the wheel nut size but I'm not sure about the length. Does it matter? I am looking at McGard nuts.

I have the all black FX4 wheels.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mcg-64074

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...hread-size-set-of-4-lug-nuts-64074/10643152-P
Yes the length (depth) matters as if it's not deep enough the stud will bottom out in the nut rather than in the seat of the wheel. If it's close it may appear the wheel is tight until you drive and the nuts come back off and the wheel with it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
felsf50

felsf50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Honestly I prefer the chrome lugs because it provides contrast and makes the lugs pop. Black chrome would look pretty cool, too, but it's a more subtle pop.
Good point!

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You want the contrast. Ford OEM lugs are stainless and wont rust. I bought a set of brand new take-offs from a F150 on eBay.

Grabber Rick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Focus wagon 06 Silverado 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes the length (depth) matters as if it's not deep enough the stud will bottom out in the nut rather than in the seat of the wheel. If it's close it may appear the wheel is tight until you drive and the nuts come back off and the wheel with it.
I have had a lug to short actually start dimpling outward from the axle bolt.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have had a lug to short actually start dimpling outward from the axle bolt.
I actually just ordered a set of smaller ones to test.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R6LSZXK?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

If they don't fit I'll get the 1.5" ones, but I'm hoping to avoid the excess poking on them. I think the stock ones on the black FX4 wheels I had are 1.35 or something (I have not measured), and the aftermarket wheels I have actually have less of a groove, so maybe it'll work. I'll measure properly with a digital caliper to be safe and post back. But that's really only for my aftermarket wheels and won't help anyone looking at stock wheels. Just wanted to share because you mentioned this.

To anyone curious, I'm running AlphaEquipt Foxtrot's.

*Edit, yep, they fit. 1/4th inch left on the threads.

Last edited:

Grabber Rick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Focus wagon 06 Silverado 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I actually just ordered a set of smaller ones to test.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R6LSZXK?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

If they don't fit I'll get the 1.5" ones, but I'm hoping to avoid the excess poking on them. I think the stock ones on the black FX4 wheels I had are 1.35 or something (I have not measured), and the aftermarket wheels I have actually have less of a groove, so maybe it'll work. I'll measure properly with a digital caliper to be safe and post back. But that's really only for my aftermarket wheels and won't help anyone looking at stock wheels. Just wanted to share because you mentioned this.

To anyone curious, I'm running AlphaEquipt Foxtrot's.

*Edit, yep, they fit. 1/4th inch left on the threads.
Glad they worked out. I will get some kind of aftermarket wheel or some Ford Escape or Bronco Sport for my winter wheels. I saw some nice chrome powder coated ones but they are 18". That means I would have to buy 2 sets of tires right away. !8" for the chrome summer wheels and 17" winters for my XLT rims for winter. Those Continentals will not work for winter. Trading them I would probably only get $50 each if they wanted them. Of course I want white letters, looks way nicer.
Sponsored