First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How much was that investment? (haha investment?)

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Very nice! Great choice.

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks incredible. Nice choice!

OP
OP
DTF-Garage

DTF-Garage

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Focus ZX3 (RWD Swap), 2011 Focus SES
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pretty cool. I wonder how they install it? Do they sew it into the fabric of your existing seats and take everything apart?
No, they're a complete replacement of the old seat covers

Do the airbags still work?
Yup! Has the same tear-apart stitching as the original seat covers for the airbags.

Sponsored

Houmav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We did these in my wife's 2018 CRV and they have been Awesome! Held up beautifully and really added to the enjoyment of the vehicle. Would recommend!

Mike215

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What are you going to do with your old Lariat seat covers? I may be interested in them if I ever get my Mav. 8/22 build date but fully expecting that to be pushed back again.

OP
OP
DTF-Garage

DTF-Garage

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Focus ZX3 (RWD Swap), 2011 Focus SES
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What are you going to do with your old Lariat seat covers? I may be interested in them if I ever get my Mav. 8/22 build date but fully expecting that to be pushed back again.
So I've had a few people ask about this. I checked with the installer today to see if I could get them back, but "apparently" the covers basically get destroyed taking them off. They said if they still had them that it would just be scraps. 🤷‍♂️

Mike215

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
ok, good to know. I do like the seat covers you purchased and will consider them down the road. Thank you

AngeloInSC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just got my Maverick back from the shop and absolutely love these Katzkin leather seats!

Katzkin "technically" does not make seat covers for the Lariat (they say there's no point since it already has leather seats and most people don't replace leather with different leather...luckily I am not most people). I have access to the Ford Parts catalog and know for a fact that the seat cushions and covers are the same from XL to Lariat, so I just told them I had an XLT (don't order them for the XL because they don't have rear cupholders in the back seat). I was happy to learn when I got the truck back that they also included the cover for the center console!

I almost went with a full blue middle section on the seats, but I'm glad I changed my mind and only did the wings. I think it makes it pop and any more blue would have just been overkill.

The seats ran about $2k with installation (Katzkin will only send them to an authorized installed and will not let you install them yourself, unfortunately) and took about 3 weeks to get in after they were ordered. Doing a single-color seat will save you a couple hundred bucks, and other more premium options will add a couple hundred to your order.

Overall I am very happy with the seat covers. They fit amazing and are super comfy. The cost was definitely worth it in my eyes. Now I just need to get rid of the remaining "Java" brown interior trim peices.

20220804_194604.jpg

20220804_194617.jpg

20220804_194632.jpg
I have heard multiple I have heard multiple people now say that the Maverick lariat edition has leather seats, which it does not. I have Lariat first edition and although at 1st glance they make look like leather they are not. I have been in contact with Katzkin and they said they would be able to do seats for the Maverick.

Sponsored

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have heard multiple I have heard multiple people now say that the Maverick lariat edition has leather seats, which it does not. I have Lariat first edition and although at 1st glance they make look like leather they are not. I have been in contact with Katzkin and they said they would be able to do seats for the Maverick.
Correct, it's a synthetic that is supposedly easier to clean, resistant to staining, and more durable than leather.

https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/more-vehicle-topics/seats-and-seatbelts/what-is-activex/

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Correct, it's a synthetic that is supposedly easier to clean, resistant to staining, and more durable than leather.

https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/more-vehicle-topics/seats-and-seatbelts/what-is-activex/
The saddle brown portion of the Active X seats in the Lariat really shows sweat and crime pretty bad. They are easy to clean and when you clean them they look excellent. I would have preferred real leather, but I guess you get Active X at the price point of these Lariats. I would never spend $2K on some leather seats, but that is just me. I guess if you plan to keep the truck for a long, long time it would be worth it. The way I changed vehicles it wouldn't be a wise investment. You likely wouldn't gain much if anything when selling the vehicle either.

Those do look gorgeous and I specially like that blue.

James Jackson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just got my Maverick back from the shop and absolutely love these Katzkin leather seats!

Katzkin "technically" does not make seat covers for the Lariat (they say there's no point since it already has leather seats and most people don't replace leather with different leather...luckily I am not most people). I have access to the Ford Parts catalog and know for a fact that the seat cushions and covers are the same from XL to Lariat, so I just told them I had an XLT (don't order them for the XL because they don't have rear cupholders in the back seat). I was happy to learn when I got the truck back that they also included the cover for the center console!

I almost went with a full blue middle section on the seats, but I'm glad I changed my mind and only did the wings. I think it makes it pop and any more blue would have just been overkill.

The seats ran about $2k with installation (Katzkin will only send them to an authorized installed and will not let you install them yourself, unfortunately) and took about 3 weeks to get in after they were ordered. Doing a single-color seat will save you a couple hundred bucks, and other more premium options will add a couple hundred to your order.

Overall I am very happy with the seat covers. They fit amazing and are super comfy. The cost was definitely worth it in my eyes. Now I just need to get rid of the remaining "Java" brown interior trim peices.

20220804_194604.jpg

20220804_194617.jpg

20220804_194632.jpg
Sweeeeeeeet! I've been looking at this company as well, for seat covers, but the nearest installer is 4 hours away

Clintk55

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat lux hybrid
I'm still considering this. My lariat activeX seats are so hot. I just wish they had perforated them.

Mach E CP

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Conrad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hybrid Lariat, 2021 Mach E Prem ExtAWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

The seats look great, and I'd love to have leather vs activeX.

That said, it seems every post I see of someone who "...just found a Mav on a dealer lot!" ... it almost always turns out to be a VELOCITY BLUE model !

It doesn't surprise me, because it seems like VB is the most mismatched interior /exterior combination I've seen since my crappy, bright BIMINI BLUE '93 probe with a poorly-matched blue interior!

After a month with that car, I cringed when opening my door, the sight of a bimini blue jamb against that unmatched blue interior. I wanted a 5-speed M/T and I settled for Bimini Blue because that's what my dealer could get. Never again will choose a vehicle color like that!

The same goes for the velocity blue with the lariat. It's like my Bimini Blue probe. VB might be kinda okay with the XL interior because of the black accents, but the bluish-greenish interior trim pieces are a warm-toned color against that cool-toned VB exterior. With the lariat, which includes bronze and brownish accents...it's an awful combination.

It's no surprise you chose to change the seats! ...and now you're looking at the java brownish rubber inserts. I know! I've been there in '93! It won't stop. Once you change the java rubber inserts, you'll be staring at the bronze accents. I suggest picking up XL mav interior trim pieces...but then you'll be back to looking/cringing at the Navy Pier blue-greenish tones against the VB jambs.

Oh well...start counting the days until the 2023 Mav order banks open up! ;)
Sponsored