Sponsored

Black Appearance Package - Any interior pictures? Thoughts?

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Keep in mind the build and price ap is wonky and inconsistent with interior shades, has been since 2022 model year.

BAP essentially gives you the XL trim environment relative to Navy Pier backdrop, dark gray trims on dash and door panels - then black onyx cloth or vinyl on seats depending on whether you get XLT or Lariat.

Basically, if you always wanted and XLT or Lariat without the bright orange or copper accents, BAP is your choice. It eliminates those things inside.
Sponsored

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Keep in mind the build and price ap is wonky and inconsistent with interior shades, has been since 2022 model year.

BAP essentially gives you the XL trim environment relative to Navy Pier backdrop, dark gray trims on dash and door panels - then black onyx cloth or vinyl on seats depending on whether you get XLT or Lariat.

Basically, if you always wanted and XLT or Lariat without the bright orange or copper accents, BAP is your choice. It eliminates those things inside.
Yup, I got the ghetto BAP:

aka. XL trim level.

LOL!

vRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
Undecided

It's crazy that Ford is charging for the BAP interior . It should be a no cost option to go with a different interior color as it is on other Ford models.

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's crazy that Ford is charging for the BAP interior . It should be a no cost option to go with a different interior color as it is on other Ford models.
Cost is really about the exterior trim elements. Besides, people will pay for it - the whole reason to make it :)

vRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
Undecided
Cost is really about the exterior trim elements. Besides, people will pay for it - the whole reason to make it :)
True. If Ford charged twice as much for the BAP people would still buy it.
:LOL:

Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Exactly. If I could've gotten the black interior at no-cost, I probably wouldn't even bother with the BAP. I like the wheels, but could care less about the black emblems and hate the black handles and mirrors.

MikeA131

Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I think it is black. Its an error in the configurator. I had it on the Atlas Blue and it showed gray, but after playing around with it, I got it to come up black.

bap.JPG
Order guide says BAP and fx4 are not able to be ordered together. Site may be wrong.
The info tab shows the black grill bar (as did the original render) along with front/back Black Edition ford logos.

Wheels/Front and back Ford logo/ door handles/ grille/mirrors/interior accents/seats/headlight/taillight
Ah ok, yeah configurators aren't always 100% accurate. Makes sense. I think the package looks awesome. I definitely want to do something similar to my FX4. Think the biggest expense would be the lights.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ah ok, yeah configurators aren't always 100% accurate. Makes sense. I think the package looks awesome. I definitely want to do something similar to my FX4. Think the biggest expense would be the lights.
Yeah, I don't know why the BAP is not compatible with FX4. The only conflict I see is the wheels, but that can easily be fixed by overriding it. Unless there is something I'm missing?

MikeA131

Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Yeah, I don't know why the BAP is not compatible with FX4. The only conflict I see is the wheels, but that can easily be fixed by overriding it. Unless there is something I'm missing?
I have no idea, it's just an appearance Package. Even if they left the black 17" FX4 wheels that would still be fine. I have my FX4 already so I've just been doing a couple minor things here and there like replacing the FX4 decals. Might wrap the roof black and get some black painted emblems eventually too.

Noofis12

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I ordered a 23 XLT with the Black appearance package. I am really hoping that the XLT seats will be at least an "Upgraded" black cloth or unique look compared to the standard XL Seats. The current online rendering seems to be a standard XL but i could be wrong. It looks like the XLT Black appearance package and the XLT tremor share the same interior / seat code of (7W) compared to the XL code of (9W) so at least there is a chance??

Sponsored

AltoBAP

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered a 23 XLT with the Black appearance package. I am really hoping that the XLT seats will be at least an "Upgraded" black cloth or unique look compared to the standard XL Seats. The current online rendering seems to be a standard XL but i could be wrong. It looks like the XLT Black appearance package and the XLT tremor share the same interior / seat code of (7W) compared to the XL code of (9W) so at least there is a chance??
It will be very frustrating if the BAP turns out to be simply XL seats, XL grill trim bar, and XL mirror caps and door handles.

I am praying each day we get some nice glossy black trim pieces and "better than XL" seats.

Noofis12

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It will be very frustrating if the BAP turns out to be simply XL seats, XL grill trim bar, and XL mirror caps and door handles.

I am praying each day we get some nice glossy black trim pieces and "better than XL" seats.
Completely agree.... Also praying that I win the hybrid / black appearance package lottery and actually get my truck built :rolleyes:
Sponsored