Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I dropped my truck off with the North American distributor for Big Country 4x4 so they can take measurements for some prototype products
They are an Overlanding Outfitter but are moving into bedcover/platform offerings
Spent about an hour at the shop talking about plans and I’m looking forward to seeing how the Smartop Platform turns out (think one piece cover with channels for multiple mount points so you can lock down basically anything)
I’ll be able to mount my bikes to the cover and since the platform will have gas struts I can access the bed WITH the bikes on the cover
The use options are pretty endless
They recently did a Ranger and have a Raptor coming in next week
Not sure how long it’ll be before I see the prototype but I’ll be posting pictures as I can
Sponsored

OP
OP
volksnuts

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

FYI Big Country 4x4 is based in South Africa

bringjustn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cruze, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just looked it up, smartopplatform.com I'd be interested in a cover like that. I like the option to mount my racks to the top and still be able to open it. Though my main reason to not get any cover is for when I need to use the bed to carry something larger, I'd want something I can take off and put on by myself. With the small bed might be able to do that with this system unlike 8ft beds

OP
OP
volksnuts

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That’s a concern of mine as well, he said it would take about 15 minutes to remove
A little longer to put back on

bringjustn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cruze, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That’s a concern of mine as well, he said it would take about 15 minutes to remove
A little longer to put back on
That's not too bad, especially if i could slide on attachment points and lift it off like guys do with a jeep hard top.

Ford Maverick Big Country 4x4 looking to build products for the Maverick HARKEN-Jeep-Hardtop-Garage-Storage-Hoist
Sponsored