Sponsored

Beware of what you ordered and what was delivered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like you're looking at two entirely different window stickers, thus two entirely different vehicles. Double check the VINs...
Seems OP was expecting a 2022 Lux Package...which is very different than a 2023 Lux package...but neither ever had Mud Flaps. Dealers were to verify the changes with the customer in November if this was a cancelled 2022/Ford re-ordered 2023. No SIBL, no ACC, etc. Sounds like there was no verification... I was all over my dealer to make sure the re-order had what I wanted in November.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seems OP was expecting a 2022 Lux Package...which is very different than a 2023 Lux package...but neither ever had Mud Flaps. Dealers were to verify the changes with the customer in November if this was a cancelled 2021/Ford re-ordered 2023. No SIBL, no ACC, etc. Sounds like there was no verification... I was all over my dealer to make sure the re-order had what I wanted in November.
Everything they've said indicates it was ordered in September 2022 as a 2023MY with no 2022MY order.

They posted a window sticker back in December after it was built understanding that there were constraints so things had been removed. It shows 0 options, just a base Lariat Hybrid in Cyber Orange. Not even Lariat Luxury Package.

That's why this makes no sense to me.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It's really just semantics as to whether you call it the 2k hitch receiver a "package" or a standalone item. Helps when people say "4k tow" if that's what they mean, otherwise it's open to interpretation. And we all know how that goes. :)
Im trying to interpret what the hell you are saying - did you just call me a semantic ???? .... :ROFLMAO:

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Everything they've said indicates it was ordered in September 2022 as a 2023MY with no 2022MY order.

They posted a window sticker back in December understanding that there were constraints so things had been removed. It shows 0 options, just a base Lariat Hybrid in Cyber Orange.

That's why this makes no sense to me.
I saw that OP said Sept 2022, but think he most likely ordered a 2022 in Sept 21...not 22. Then it all fits and makes sense.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw that OP said Sept 2022, but think he most likely ordered a 2022 in Sept 21...not 22. Then it all fits and makes sense.
Also note that the account was created September 17, 2022, a couple days into the 2023MY order window.

Ford Maverick Beware of what you ordered and what was delivered. 1675470014865

And a month later, they'd settled for a 2022 on the lot.

I haven't received any updates yet, except that my order was placed. Fortunately my dealer had a customers Larit delivered and the customer backed out. Had everything we ordered except a few items that were wants. So we bought it. My other one is still on order and when it comes in we will take a look and decide if we want it or decline. Then the dealer can make bank on it.

Sponsored

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Everything the OP said is clear as mud to me at this point.

One thing I do know is that he has not convince me Ford screwed up his order.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Also note that the account was created September 17, 2022, a couple days into the 2023MY order window.

1675470014865.png

And a month later, they'd settled for a 2022 on the lot.
Blam - Jsus the detective - hahahahaha

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Very remote possibility and a long stretch of the imagination here. IF a sticker was created as a 22, THEN production got delayed enough to require canceling/rolling the order, THEN the bare-bones order got entered as a 23 and THEN a 23 sticker was generated.

In that situation someone could have 2 stickers. But the VIN would not match.
I don't think any canceled orders got window stickers. I was one of them and they pushed me far enough out constantly that it was never close enough to generate one.

Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't think any canceled orders got window stickers. I was one of them and they pushed me far enough out constantly that it was never close enough to generate one.
Another valid point. Probably not. Having a window sticker means it’s sent to the plant for production shortly before the production week with final dealer invoice generated. It’s highly unlikely an order will be canceled at that
point.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Still no response, and yet:

1675471331096.png
So OP has been messing around in the privacy settings and yet still no reply to this thread... Note that "Last seen" is now hidden. Location is changed and First Name is gone.

Suspicious. Very suspicious.

Ford Maverick Beware of what you ordered and what was delivered. 1675490667039

AltoBAP

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi, my name is OP, and every single problem in my life is literally FoMoCo's fault.

I have zero responsibility, and my dealer has zero responsibility.

FoMoCo IS EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sanpablo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Shelby GT500, 1999 Ford Windstar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford totally let us down on this order.
😡 Not happy at all with what was delivered, Not the dealers fault.

In September we ordered the Lariat with the Lux package. I knew of the constraints but thought I would get more than the stripped down base model.
The following was not included
  1. tow package
  2. 360 assist
  3. adaptive cruise
  4. Spray in bed liner
  5. Mud flaps
  6. Floor mats
  7. Mud flaps
  8. Bed side rails
  9. And everything that should be in the Lux package
They got the color right but that is about all they got right.

Overall price was dropped from $36k+
To $29,900. And since we declined they will list for close to $40k.

so if anyone is looking for a stripped down base model Lariat in Cyber Orange. Sitting at Prestige Ford in Mount Dora Fl.

Lucky for us we were able to find one a few months back fully loaded. But not the color we wanted. We have a cactus grey 2022 now.
IMG_20230203_155550.jpg
Very confusing post/thread. My 2 cents, it looks like Ford built what was ordered? Who, what, why, when is the mystery :)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.