Sponsored

Beware of what you ordered and what was delivered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This doesn't make me worried about my order in any way.
My DORA, my window sticker, and my vehicle as-delivered all matched. There's way too much missing from this discussion to truly understand it.

HRG
Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok folks, stick with me here. Did I see that the sticker said it was a 23 model year?

If so, here is my theory.

22 rolled over to 23. Dealer had to re-enter order as 23. Dealer did not add on all the options from 22. Truck was produced as ordered, not from the original 22 order, but from the bare-bones 23 order that was entered?

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok folks, stick with me here. Did I see that the sticker said it was a 23 model year?

If so, here is my theory.

22 rolled over to 23. Dealer had to re-enter order as 23. Dealer did not add on all the options from 22. Truck was produced as ordered, not from the original 22 order, but from the bare-bones 23 order that was entered?
Seems like a reasonable scenario. The dealer could have told the OP that Ford screwed up not them.

But what about the two window stickers with the same VIN that don't match?

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seems like a reasonable scenario. The dealer could have told the OP that Ford screwed up not them.

The only window sticker we've seen so far shows 0 options, though. So we don't know that OP ever did see a window sticker with options listed. Still waiting on a copy of that.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Very remote possibility and a long stretch of the imagination here. IF a sticker was created as a 22, THEN production got delayed enough to require canceling/rolling the order, THEN the bare-bones order got entered as a 23 and THEN a 23 sticker was generated.

In that situation someone could have 2 stickers. But the VIN would not match.

Sponsored

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The only window sticker we've seen so far shows 0 options, though. So we don't know that OP ever did see a window sticker with options listed. Still waiting on a copy of that.
I think that the December window sticker matches the one on the truck that was delivered. Why the OP said that the December window sticker say's this below is unclear to me.

Amazing my sticker that was provided by Ford in December shows what was ordered and minus a few additional add ons. compared to the unit sticker and it was stripped down.
The December sticker does not show what the OP thought was ordered for him.

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Very remote possibility and a long stretch of the imagination here. IF a sticker was created as a 22, THEN production got delayed enough to require canceling/rolling the order, THEN the bare-bones order got entered as a 23 and THEN a 23 sticker was generated.

That would be a possibility but the OP clearly mentions the December window sticker as having most of what was ordered that we can see doesn't have any add on's to it.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think that the December window sticker matches the one on the truck that was delivered. Why the OP said that the December window sticker say's this below is unclear to me.

The December sticker does not show what the OP thought was ordered for him.
Exactly.

It wasn't, though. This was ordered in September, so it wasn't a '22 with VIN assigned but never built.

In September we ordered the Lariat with the Lux package. I knew of the constraints but thought I would get more than the stripped down base model.
OP was only looking to flip this order anyway so I'm really not sure what there is to get so worked up about.

Was thinking the same thing.

We placed our order for the lariat and have our Vin and production date of 12/12.
But we found a loaded lariat had everything we ordered except for 2 items and is cactus gray and bought it.

Was thinking should we get it and try to make 10k-15k off of it. Or should we let the dealer get it. Right now dealers are marking up the Mavericks any where from 10-15.

If we get it there would be no lien but would have to wait for the title which could take 30+ days. We would sell as used with low mileage. We would wait to see what the market is showing before we decide what we want to do.

But why should we let the dealer make bank?

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
MY22 Lariat lux had different options than the My23 Lariat.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford totally let us down on this order.
😡 Not happy at all with what was delivered, Not the dealers fault.

In September we ordered the Lariat with the Lux package. I knew of the constraints but thought I would get more than the stripped down base model.
The following was not included
  1. tow package
Since when is there a tow package for a hybrid ?

Sponsored

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
MY22 Lariat lux had different options than the My23 Lariat.
The OP is claiming that Ford screwed up and did not build his Lariat with all of the options that the dealer placed on the order.

It appears that's not what happened.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since when is there a tow package for a hybrid ?
There are two tow packages, but generally people don't specify. And some assume "tow package" means "4k tow package", not "trailer hitch receiver with 4-pin connector" (as it's listed on the build & price site).

1) base tow package - class III trailer hitch receiver, 2000 lb capacity, wire harness with 4-pin connector
2) 4k tow package - class III trailer hitch receiver, 4000 lb capacity, wire harness with 7-pin connector

Hybrid only gets the former, and it is indeed included with the XLT & Lariat Luxury Packages.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There are two tow packages, but generally people don't specify. And some assume "tow package" means "4k tow package", not "trailer hitch receiver with 4-pin connector" (as it's listed on the build & price site).

1) base tow package - class III trailer hitch receiver, 2000 lb capacity, wire harness with 4-pin connector
2) 4k tow package - class III trailer hitch receiver, 4000 lb capacity, wire harness with 7-pin connector

Hybrid only gets the former, and it is indeed included with the XLT & Lariat Luxury Packages.
I got ya - I never considered the hitch and wiring harness a "tow package" personally.

Damn - weve gone to bashing Ford for things that ARE their problem to manufacturing complaints for not looking at our own order ??? :unsure:

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got ya - I never considered the hitch and wiring harness a "tow package" personally.

Damn - weve gone to bashing Ford for things that ARE their problem to manufacturing complaints for not looking at our own order ??? :unsure:
It's really just semantics as to whether you call it the 2k hitch receiver a "package" or a standalone item. Helps when people say "4k tow" if that's what they mean, otherwise it's open to interpretation. And we all know how that goes. :)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.