Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Love the upgrade to 245/65/17 tires without any mods but what’s the type for the hybrid front wheel drive? Still all terrain? Or it doesn’t matter much just a more aggressive look? Love the BF of Toyo threads tho.
Sponsored

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess it depends on what you are after. For me the Hybrid is all about efficiency. An AT tire is going to reduce the hybrid MPG. AT tires generally have higher rolling resistance and weigh more, both not ideal for efficiency. If you are just after the cool look, by all means get a AT tire.

I plan on getting something like the Kumho Crugen HT51 (3 peak rated all season), or the Michelin Defender LTX M/S. Those are probably some of the better options for street tires.

OP
OP
Enchalada

Enchalada

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I guess it depends on what you are after. For me the Hybrid is all about efficiency. An AT tire is going to reduce the hybrid MPG. AT tires generally have higher rolling resistance and weigh more, both not ideal for efficiency. If you are just after the cool look, by all means get a AT tire.

I plan on getting something like the Kumho Crugen HT51 (3 peak rated all season), or the Michelin Defender LTX M/S. Those are probably some of the better options for street tires.
What size? I’ll take a look at those tires too. Thanks for the input!

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What size? I’ll take a look at those tires too. Thanks for the input!
probably 235/65-17. I do like the look of larger tires, but like I said, this is about efficiency for me over looks.

I was going to say that most AT tires tend to be severe snow rated, which is a nice perk for the 2wd Hybrid... but that wont help you much in Hawaii. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What do you want the tires for? Looks, efficiency, ride/handling, off road performance? Honestly, with a FWD hybrid your best bet is probably a nice all season tire, preferably a low rolling resistance tire to keep efficiency high. I'm very partial to continental all seasons -great traction and handling, good tread wear. Tire rack carries cross contact lx 25's in that size which would be a great choice. They are SUV/CUV tires.

If you want an AT tire for looks and ruggedness, those toyo open country a/t3's look fantastic, so do the falken wildpeak at3's. AT tires should be a bit tougher and reduce the chance of flats from sidewall damage but they will be noisier and give lower mpg's.

Personally I'm looking hard at the falken wildpeak A/T trails which are an A/T SUV tire that tries to combines the best of both worlds. Inevitably they won't be the best at either task but that's the nature of the compromise. Most of my driving is suburban stop and go stuff but I want rugged tires able to handle snow and some dirt, too.

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
Unfortunately there's no such thing as a LRR A/T tire, at least not that I can find. Based on specs alone, the stock Continental Crosscontact tires seem to be excellent. You could go with some Michelin summer tires for more grip, but the treadwear is pretty terrible on those.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unfortunately there's no such thing as a LRR A/T tire, at least not that I can find. Based on specs alone, the stock Continental Crosscontact tires seem to be excellent. You could go with some Michelin summer tires for more grip, but the treadwear is pretty terrible on those.
Nokian Rotiiva AT.

Autonomous

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Promaster 3500, Icky 2015 Outback
Frankly that small of a tire size change will only be noticed by you. Ford did a good job with their choice of Cross Contacts.

fbov

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape Hybrid
I was going to say that most AT tires tend to be severe snow rated,
But they may not deliver....
https://www.tyrereviews.com/Article/HT-vs-AT-vs-MT-vs-Winter-Tyres-on-Snow.htm

Unfortunately there's no such thing as a LRR A/T tire, at least not that I can find.
Here's a comparison, wet, dry and dirt, that includes RR data. Single-brand test, so indicative of trends for tires not included.
https://www.tyrereviews.com/Article...yre-for-your-SUV-or-Pickup-truck-HT-AT-MT.htm

Sponsored

Autonomous

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Promaster 3500, Icky 2015 Outback
Knobbys have an aero disadvantage too.
It really is hard to beat rib tires for 99.9% of real life driving.

Allen King Jr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 C-Max phev, 2006 Mercury Mariner, 2023 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I run the HT51 tires on a front wheel drive 2006 Mariner with the V6, they perform very well on the country roads even with 6in of snow, highest rated on tirerack for this grouping of tires, I love them

Allen King Jr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 C-Max phev, 2006 Mercury Mariner, 2023 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I run the HT51 tires on a front wheel drive 2006 Mariner with the V6, they perform very well on the country roads even with 6in of snow, highest rated on tirerack for this grouping of tires, I love them

And I run the Michelin Cross-climate X2 tires on my C-Max PHEV, great tire so far, looking forward to trying them out this winter, also best rated for the category they fall in

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick xlt hybrid
Which model of the CrossContact are they using, the LX, LX25, ? ... I'm not sure of the choices...
Sponsored